Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DDhelp error

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> DDhelp error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DDhelp error - 9/19/2003 8:28:23 PM   
Matthew Urch

Me109

I can't help out in your dispute with the librarian, but perhaps I can with the DDhelp error.

Fist of let me say I am a sys admin, who beta tested this game and I have done quite a lot of DirectX troubleshooting over the years. I can assure this game should run fine on your PC, and on win98. The problem you are encountering is to do with windows not the game. It is specifically to do with DirectX, and therefore possibly to do with graphic card / sound drivers.

Try the following

Download the current version of DirectX.
Right-click the desktop, and then click Properties.
Click the Settings tab, and then click Change Display Type or Advanced Properties. Note the name of your display driver.
Click Change in the Adapter Type section, and then click Show All Devices.
In the Manufacturers box, click Standard Display Types.
In the Models box, click Standard Display Adapter (VGA), click OK, and then click Close.
Click OK twice.
Click Yes if you are prompted to restart your computer.
Reinstall DirectX.

If this fails go and download directx eradicator from

http://www.softnews.ro/public/cat/14/4/14-4-40.shtml

When you install a new version of directx if often fails to remove some of the old directx files. Directx eradicator wil completely remove directx allowing you to reinstall the latest version cleanly.

As Marc pointed out it as well to check you have the latest drivers for your sound / graphics cards. But I really would be surprised if this isn't a directx problem.

Best of luck fixing the problem.

Matthew Urch

ps some searches on google abut directx will show you a whole world of potential directx troubles. When faced with a choice of a 1) a Microsoft error or 2) a SSG / Matrix error always start with choice number 1!

(in reply to me109)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> DDhelp error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI