Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Announcement

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Announcement Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Announcement - 9/17/2003 12:30:00 AM   
Wild Bill

At least some of you will be interested in knowing that the newest Mega Campaign is very close to publication.

Watch for a promo page on the Matrix site announcing the Mega Campaign and its theme.

I will say that this one is one you definitely don't want to miss. Literally thousands of man hours from almost 30 team members have produced a top of the line product. These guys have given their all to make this the best Mega Campaign you've ever seen!

While I can't say a lot at this point, I will say that this Mega-Campaign involves Western Europe and will have a different approach.

You will have four choices when you start the game. These choices are based on units inside the main unit. You can play completely through one thread, beginning to end. You can then start over, choose a new unit and play it again without repeating a single battle.

There are not as many alternate scenarios in this one, as most of those are never played anyway. Even so, a total of 130 scenarios, hundreds of articles and pictures will give you many, many hours of playing time.

The battles are balanced and fast moving. Rarely (unless you so choose) will you be faced with a long hard fight that takes days to complete.

Scenarios vary in size from quite small to huge and often you'll have the choice as to which you prefer.

Every type of situation is included, almost all of them based on historical battles. There are a few hypothetical ones, but by and large you will get the feel of what this sterling unit faced as it fought across Western Europe until V-E Day.

So get ready. Its very close. Get ready for some hard fighting.

Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 9/17/2003 4:10:15 AM   
Resisti

Even so, a total of 1030 scenarios
UNQUOTE

Please read "130 scenarios" :D ;)

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
Re: Announcement - 9/17/2003 9:15:10 PM   
Matt R

Hey Bill -

Do you need any special infantry icons for the new MC?

Thanks,
Matt.

"An army without a leader.. is like a foot without a big toe..."

Bill Murray
'Stripes'

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
Re: Announcement - 9/17/2003 9:59:32 PM   
Major_Johnson

[QUOTE=Wild Bill]
While I can't say a lot at this point, I will say that this Mega-Campaign involves Western Europe and will have a different approach.

Every type of situation is included, almost all of them based on historical battles. There are a few hypothetical ones, but by and large you will get the feel of what this sterling unit faced as it fought across Western Europe until V-E Day.

So get ready. Its very close. Get ready for some hard fighting.

Wild Bill[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, I'm guessing maybe this is going to be based on the 101st Airbourne??? :)

M.J.!
We serve others best when at the same time we serve ourselves.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
Great Stuff..... - 9/20/2003 8:28:00 AM   
Reg

[QUOTE=Wild Bill]You will have four choices when you start the game. These choices are based on units inside the main unit. You can play completely through one thread, beginning to end. You can then start over, choose a new unit and play it again without repeating a single battle. [/QUOTE] I think this is a great idea. You can restart without having to grind through that first scenario (and/or variant) again and again before you get a chance to branch off into the alternative threads. This all sounds great and I'm sure I will be one of many waiting in anticipation....

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Announcement Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI