Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

User interface changes request

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> User interface changes request Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
User interface changes request - 9/21/2003 12:34:28 PM   
tempest

Having logged more hours than my wife would like at KP, I'd like to suggest some improvements to the user interface:
1. With multiple units selected in a stack, make a double click on a unit selection button deselect all other units in the stack. It is tedious to one by one deselect multiple units to get only the one you want.
2. Make the entire unit display rectangle active for a left click rather than just the somewhat small unit selection button.
3. Have a dialog box asking if your sure you want to end your turn should you have any air interdiction/partisans left to place. Since there is no downside to using them, that would prevent them being forgotten in the fog of war.
4. Have a hot key for cycling between the current display of air interdiction/partisan icons (and perhaps include bridge delay icons) and either removing them or decreasing them to half/quarter size. They obscure the terrain features as much as the removable strongpoints icons.
5. Add hot keys for extended movement, detachments and, if nothing else, entrenchment. It is tedious moving the mouse (and disrupting ones concentration) back and forth when doing the traditional end of turn entrenchment task or checking a units extended movement range.
6. Revise the displayed supply truck radius to take into account the OP point penalty change that will occur at the end of the turn due to territory change of ownership and barrage/bridge repair/detachments/etc. The current presentation shows the supply truck radius for the current turn, which is of limited use since the supply broadcast phase is already over. The player is interested in what the supply radius will be at the start of his next turn when the supply broadcast phase will occur.

Dave Alston
Post #: 1
- 9/21/2003 7:06:37 PM   
Rob Gjessing

The Supply truck radius that is shown is for the NEXT turn.. and NOT the current turn. It is based upon known hex penalties for the next turn.. it is a fair estimation of what areas the truck will be able to supply for the next turn, but isnt 100% because it doesnt know what the enemy will do with their interdiction or movement of units which may disrupt that supply.

(in reply to tempest)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> User interface changes request Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI