Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Scenario - A Marine Ordeal!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New Scenario - A Marine Ordeal! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Scenario - A Marine Ordeal! - 5/19/2000 2:29:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Have you, in your scenario design experience, done one and it had a real "feel" to it? I mean, its like when you pull the arm on that slot machine, roll those dice, or draw those two cards for five card stud. You just know this is it! I have decided to redo all 100 of the scenarios I did for SPWW2 in SPWAW. It will be a long haul, but I hate to see all that research and work lost when SPWW2 v.3 comes out. The old Raider scenarios will no longer be compatible with the newest version. So, I'm changing over, one at a time. The Pain of Peleliu is now "A Marine Ordeal." I finished it today. Now it goes for some more testing and I hope to have it up on the Raider page, or the SP Arsenal soon. It has the feel of Peleliu, the action, the drama. Watching those Corsairs swooping down and hitting Bloody Nose Ridge (The Umurbrogal Ridges), making kills (yes, aircraft in this one are getting kills!..Love that napalm!) , or seeing the Japanese tanks and infantry launching their counterattack across the airfield, smoke swirling, cannons firing....Whoooop! Gets this old tired blood really exercised. Just thought you should know, we will have, hopefully, all those old scenarios reborn, bigger and better than ever with all the special features of SPWAW. I'm headed back to Peleliu. Got a battle on my hands!....The fired-up Kunel ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 5/19/2000 2:42:00 AM   
Kilo33Recon

Excellent! How about a Cape Gloucester Marine Campaign Wild Bill? "Every damned AMTRAC in our wave has been destroyed in the water or shot to pieces the minute it landed!" ~Colonel Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC, D-Day, Peleliu. ------------------ Semper Fi Mac!

Semper Fi Mac!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
- 5/19/2000 3:02:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I was reading up on it today, Leatherneck. I was thinking of perhaps a 1st Marine Division Campaign, Guadalcanal, Cape Glouster, Peleliu...What else should I include?...WB ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
- 5/19/2000 3:35:00 AM   
Kilo33Recon

How about the Magnificent faint performed at Choiseul by Lt.Col "Brute" Krulak (once Commandant and the current Commandant's father) as a means to shake up the Japanese just before the Bougainville invasion. It was a small action by Marine Parachutists (Gyrenes) - Krulak's orders from General A.A. Vandegrift were to land on the island and make the Japanese think he had a division on a rampage. 650 Marines for 9 days raised hell on Choiseul causing Japanese General Hyakutake to commit massive reinforcements to the island (causing in the last couple of days VERY desperate firefights). The raid ended when PT boats led by one Leiutenant John Fitzgerald Kennedy, USNR extracted Krulaks forces relatively intact. Mission success. The effect of the feint rattled Hyakatuke bad enough that when the actual landings came on Bougainville - he withheld counterattack orders for a week thinking that the Marines were just another diversionary attack. Torokina Island, Bougainville - Walts Ridge, Cape Gloucester (the Green Inferno) - Aogiri Ridge, Cape Gloucester... the suggestions would be endless. When creating scenarios, is it possible to edit the effectiveness of leaders? One case in point - the indomitable will of "Chesty" Puller held the Marines together as they battled up the ridges of Cape Gloucester. Look forward to it.. If you get a chance, check out "A Fellowship of Valor" by Col. J.H. Alexander, USMCret.

Semper Fi Mac!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
- 5/19/2000 10:36:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I've heard of it but it is one I don't have. I will try to find it. Thanks Recon!..WB ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New Scenario - A Marine Ordeal! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI