Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mega Campaigns for SP:WaW crash on me after first mission and during saves

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Mega Campaigns for SP:WaW crash on me after first mission and during saves Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mega Campaigns for SP:WaW crash on me after first missi... - 9/30/2003 1:36:42 PM   
John TenBroeke

Hey gang,

I have a problem that has stumped myself and I was hoping someone out there in Forum Land could help me out. In addition, it has also out-foxed some friends of mine who are familiar with the Mega Campaigns code for SP:WaW.

Here's the deal: When I first tried to download Lost Victories and Desert Fox I received the following error messages:Could not move file (#3, Line3), Could not copy file (#3, line6), Could not copy file (#3, line9). Now, I solved this problem by following the community forum advice about changing the path name to C:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers World at War (I removed the space between Matrix and Games and deleted everthing after SP:WaW) and this finally got the MC's to appear on my MC Campaign Menu in SP:WaW version 7.1.

However, upon completing the first mission in all of the MC's to date (Lost Victories, Desert Fox, and Operation Watchtower) the game posts the quick messages about who has been promoted, replaced, and who has gained experience, but then it crashes on me and throws me directly back to the main SP:WaW menu (the one with the panther tank logo and SP:WaW in red letters). It will not proceed to the second mission on any of the three MC's. In addition, I also noticed that when playing the MC's the game would not autosave the scenario when I exited the mission before its conclusion. I tested this repeatedly on all three MC's and I noticed that the MC's all crash whenever they have to save and they immediately throw me back to the opening SP:WaW menu.

Does anyone have any idea how I can solve this problem? I can hear the nasty little Gremlin laughing at me from my machine and my frustration is steadily mounting! I'm running Windows XP on a fast machine.

I'm calling in the Cavalry 'cause this outfit's in trouble and we're runnen' low on ammo!

Thanks gang,

Bladerunner
Post #: 1
- 9/30/2003 10:13:59 PM   
chief

Bladerunner: I'm not a expert, but I believe if you check around these here forums you'll find that "autosave" does not work in any MC. Manually saving a game needs to have time to save, reccommend 20/30 seconds before closing after save, also I suggest you clear the steel.prf file after save, game will reconstruct when you reopen. Are you playing the game in the compatibility mode in XP ? Welcome to the forum by the way. Don't give up someone smarter than me will come down the pike if this don't help. Good Luck !

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to John TenBroeke)
Post #: 2
- 10/1/2003 9:07:28 AM   
junk2drive

when i'm ready to quit for the night i click end game arrow. it asks do you want to autosave y/n. it has always worked for me as far as keeping my place in the game. i dont perceive any other problems. i use the same save name every time.

(in reply to John TenBroeke)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Mega Campaigns for SP:WaW crash on me after first mission and during saves Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI