Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Editor help ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Editor help ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Editor help ? - 10/4/2003 2:18:12 AM   
Hertston

Has anyone come up with a "Dummies Guide" for the KP editor yet that I've managed to miss ?

I had a (admittedly fairly brief) look at it for the first time last night and got absolutely nowhere - the thing just seems to have a mind of it's own. There doesn't seem to be a manual on the disk anywhere.

Thanks
Post #: 1
- 10/4/2003 5:28:44 AM   
Rob Gjessing

Hi there Hertston..

There is no manual for the editor on the KP CD anywhere. The Editor is currently being support by Chris Merchant and Myself over at our website [URL=http://run5.wargamer.com]Run5[/URL] (formally known as Wacht am Rhein) - first of all grab the latest version of the editor from our Files link, and then try the Scenario Editor link on the main menu for a look at some Tutorials that I typed up. The feedback I have recieved is that they are pretty easy to follow - so long as you follow them in order.

I have been busy of late and havent been able to find time to get the next couple of tutorials out - plus, the response from the general public hasnt been overwhelming.. ie: no one has been spamming me with emails demanding I get off my bootie and type up the next ones.

Finally, there is a Scenario Editor forum in our Discussion forums (over at Run5) that we will answer questions and support you through the use of the editor. So if you need to know something specific about a function in the editor, or just want to work out how to do X then post it over there mate and we will be onto it straight away for you.

Whilst the editor does seem overwhelming at first, both Chris and I know out way around it.. and with the support of Roger Keating (SSG) who also reads and posts on our forums you will get excellent support. Chris and I have both found that once you start using the editor, you will be surprised at how easily you will grasp it. Most of all get stuck into it.. and ask as many questions as you like over at Run5 and you will be fine.

FYI, the Editor in KP was provided 'as is', its the same tool that SSG used to create the game! So its pretty powerful. The Editor is being rewritten for the next game in the series Battles in Normandy - I have a beta copy of it, and its great.. its a whole lot easier to use then the KP one. But dont let that put you off using the KP one.. if you master the KP one, the new one will be a breeze.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Editor help ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI