Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stalingrad Campaign: two questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Stalingrad Campaign: two questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stalingrad Campaign: two questions - 10/7/2003 1:05:27 AM   
Gallo Rojo

Cheers!

I remember have read that Stalingrad Campaign has some "brunches", so at a certain point, dependign how well you do, you can either being encircled in the "kessel" (hope have wrote is correctely), be part of the GE force trying to relieve the surrounded VI Army, or (I hope) conquer the city.

My question is: do any of you know which is (or which are) the nodal battle in which you begun surrounded or not? And which the victory conditions for both go to one or other brunche are? As I want to play both campaign brunches, I would like to be aware of which is the key battle and make a back up of it in order to win one time and lose another time.

Another question related to campaigns in general ...
Do any of you know if core units that had not being repaired during a past battle counts as destroyed units in following battles? I mean: If I lost a Tank in battle # 1, and don't repair it for battle #2, will the AI recieve points for this destroyed unit both in battle #1 and in battle #2?
I ask because Soviets really malauded me in the first Mamayev Kurgan Battle ... Together with some infantry sqd, I lost one tank and a couple of armored recon cars due to mines and Katiushkas fire. As I recived few points to rebuild, I coudn't fix all my units (I decided to fix infantry since it would be more usefull during incoming city fight).
In the two following battles (assault against train station & city centre and assault against the Grain Silo), I captured all Victory Objetives and anihilated all Soviet Units without had suffered very heavy loses (in Train Station I lost one tank of my core and two auxiliar tanks plus some aux. infantry sqd, and in Grain Silo I only lost two infantry sqd from support units but not tanks at all) ... But I get only draws! :(
As I wasn't able to repair all the loses I had experienced during Mamayev and Train Station battles, I wonder if it is possible that those destroyed units in my Core Units are still counting for the AI in each battle I play. :confused:

The bayonet is a weapon with a worker on each end
Post #: 1
- 10/7/2003 2:31:30 AM   
El_Peco

For your first question, in my experience I had the nodal battle at the 20°, before I got some DV, more MV and a pair of draw.
And when you arrive at nodal battle it doesn't matter what you do before, there is a battle where you can choose to stay in the Kessel and to struggle to survive or to go out and try to free your camarades.
In this battle you drive a tank in a Victory hex choosing where to go.
I hope you can understand my bad english.
Regards.

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 2
- 10/7/2003 3:20:53 AM   
El_Peco

No te preocupe, mi abuelo no es espanol, pero estudiar este magnifico idioma en la universidad.
Ahora son algunos anos que no hablo pero me recuerdo aun algunas palabras!
Hasta luego!

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Stalingrad Campaign: two questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI