Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mega Campaign crashed.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega Campaign crashed. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mega Campaign crashed. - 7/27/2001 6:29:00 AM   
AlvinS

Greetings I have just completed the 8th mission with a draw :( . For the ninth mission I selected the amphibious assault, and after the initial bombardment of my landing force the game crashed to the desktop. I restarted the game and re-loaded the Mega Campaign and it sent to the screen that said "Start". at the top it said I was the Yugoslavia player. :confused: I clicked start and it crashed to the desktop again. I am running version 6.1. I have never had a problem running this game before and I have not changed anything on my machine (Dell PIII 500 with 128 meg of RAM and 6.4 gig hard drive. I have 3 gig of free hard drive space. Any Ideas? Maybe those 2 pounders are taking a toll on my machine. :) Alvins

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS
Post #: 1
- 7/27/2001 6:48:00 AM   
Mentant

I had a similiar problem... after the 1st mission, I saved the game, and when I went to reload, it called me the yugoslavia player. Then it started the 2nd mission, and after the bombardment, just awarded me a decisive victory for it... then I could play the 3rd mission just fine. I didn't want to take advantage of a bug that way, so I started over...

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 2
- 7/27/2001 7:48:00 AM   
Gallo Rojo

Many of us are having this same problem. It seems that is a problem with the video or the sound Paul have opened a post on the tech support forum Take a look here: http://www.matrixgames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=15&t=000266 Regards

The bayonet is a weapon with a worker on each end

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 3
- 7/27/2001 7:52:00 AM   
AlvinS

Thank you both for the quick response. It will not let me continue, so I will start over again. I have been playing SPWAW since last november and this is the first problem I have ever had. I can't complain, I just want to help get it fixed. I'll post a detailed report on the tech support forum for Paul Vebber, and anyone else who needs it. Alvins

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

AlvinS

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 4
- 7/28/2001 6:16:00 AM   
rrgraham

Anyone find a solution to the MCNA crash problem? Like others, after the first battle in the MCNA, I'm repeatedly crashed to the desktop very shortly after hitting 'continue' to start 2nd battle. I'm running 300mhz 24meg RAM, SPWAW ver 6.1, DirectX8. This problem seems totally unique to MCNA... I have had no difficulty whatsoever running standalone battles or built-in campaigns. Thanks.

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 5
- 7/28/2001 7:44:00 AM   
Drex

i too have joined the thread in the Tech forum. I have crashed twice after the first game. Guess I will play out the first game in all options and hope the problem has been solved by then so I can play out the Mega-campaign. :confused:

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 6
- 7/28/2001 8:51:00 AM   
Supervisor

This may seem dumb and not make any sense but try exiting the game deleting the steel.prf file and then restart and try continuing from saved game then. Maybe something about your preference settings is corrupted causing the game to conflict with the settings of the start of the next scenario, it's worth a try. [ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 7
- 7/29/2001 6:18:00 AM   
AlvinS

gmanfan said:
quote:

This may seem dumb and not make any sense but try exiting the game deleting the steel.prf file and then restart and try continuing from saved game then. Maybe something about your preference settings is corrupted causing the game to conflict with the settings of the start of the next scenario, it's worth a try.
Not dumb at all. I gave that a try and the problem where it showed me as the Yugoslavian player went away. I now go to the continue screen like I am supposed, however when I select that the game crashes to the desktop. So there is some progress. I sent my save game file to Paul to look at. Thanks gmenfan Alvins

AlvinS

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 8
- 8/3/2001 12:36:00 PM   
Eagle-Talon

Ive got the same problem, game crashing to desktop at start of battle 2.Ive played the 1st battle 4 times hoping something might change but no go. :confused:

Ten men wisely lead can beat a hundred without a head.

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 9
- 8/4/2001 12:15:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Which battle is your second one Eagle? Is it Resistance Stiffens? Are you playing the default battle or an alternate...Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 10
- 8/4/2001 5:13:00 PM   
Eagle-Talon

Hi Bill, Im playing the default battle Resistance Stiffens.

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 11
- 8/4/2001 7:39:00 PM   
Eagle-Talon

Bill, I just started the MC again but this time I played the train battle instead of the default battle. After winning I then chose the default battle Resistance Stiffence, without saving and everything seems to be working ok, so far. [ August 04, 2001: Message edited by: Eagle-Talon ]

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega Campaign crashed. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI