Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix fan convention in Charleston WV

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Matrix fan convention in Charleston WV Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix fan convention in Charleston WV - 7/27/2001 7:33:00 AM   
KG Erwin

If I can get the go-ahead from David Heath, and we can get a Matrix fan gathering together in Charleston, West Virginia, say in spring 2002, how many of you guys can come? Wild Bill said earlier that he would definitely appear, so how about it? [ August 20, 2001: Message edited by: KG Erwin ]

Post #: 1
- 7/27/2001 8:34:00 AM   
Warrior

I'll be there, come hell or high water! :D

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
- 7/27/2001 8:38:00 AM   
KG Erwin

Thanks, Warrior! I'm going to try to make this happen, and I hope that the rest of the Matrix staff will see that it's a good idea, and maybe Bill can bring some of his compadres. [ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: KG Erwin ]

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 3
- 7/27/2001 8:53:00 AM   
RUsco

As long as it is after snow season. As a state Employee, thats the only time I get overtime. :D :D

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 4
- 7/27/2001 9:55:00 AM   
Truckeye

certainly will make every attempt to be there if you pull it off. jp

In the Last days its said the Lion will lay down with the Lamb. Even on that day, I would want to be the Lion. Ben Gurion

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 5
- 7/27/2001 10:31:00 AM   
Mark Ezra

Why don't you start getting some info on hotels, room rates, group room rates. where's the nearest airport...things like that. Then we will all have a better feel for the cost of a sunch a gathering.

All Hail Marx and Lennon

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 6
- 7/27/2001 10:56:00 AM   
David boutwell

KG, I live in Northern Prince William county, VA, and teach in Loudoun County. Where is Cross Lanes? David Boutwell

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 7
- 7/27/2001 3:53:00 PM   
skukko

might be time to gather some bucks and get overseas... mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 8
- 7/27/2001 5:56:00 PM   
Kilroy

Not that a post much, you guys always answer my questions beforehand. But upon followng this great forum, seems like I know many of you personally. I think my wife would give me the okay for this little getaway. KG, while I'm there what's the golf course scenario like. Greg Kilroy

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 9
- 7/27/2001 8:29:00 PM   
Warrior

quote:

Originally posted by skukko: might be time to gather some bucks and get overseas...
Hey Mosh! Bring your big dog along! :D

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 10
- 7/27/2001 9:04:00 PM   
KG Erwin

Ok, it's looking better every day. David B, my hometown is 12 miles west of Charleston. The site I had in mind is a conference room at the Marriott. Yeager Airport is only about 4 miles from downtown. Kilroy, I don't golf, my some of my buddies do, and I do know there are some nice courses within a 20 mile radius of Charleston.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 11
- 7/27/2001 9:17:00 PM   
Chief Wiggum

Dear all, Count me in. I will definetly be there, as some of my employees should be there too! Sounds like a great idea indeed! Considering the idea, you have complete support from Eclipse Graphics for web based graphics and 3-D animations (If you decide to get a website up about the event). Of course, our services would be of no charge as this is in intrest to us over here at Eclipse Graphics :) If you drop me an email, I will do my best to help and support a convention meetin! Sincerely, and best wishes to all, Mike AKA: Chief Wiggum AKA Again: IronicFate

" A teacher does not teach, a true teacher leads his students to enlightenment..."

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 12
- 7/28/2001 1:15:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Speaking for myself, God willing, I'll be there. It would be an honor to meet some of you fine wargamers in person. I hope a few others from Matrix will show up too. It would be a grand old time! Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 13
- 7/28/2001 2:58:00 AM   
KG Erwin

Thank you for your support, Wild Bill! If we call it a business meeting, we might be able to swing business rates for hotel/motel accommodations. To Chief Wiggum, thanks to you, too, for offering to assist promoting this. I'll be in touch.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 14
- 7/28/2001 3:08:00 AM   
TheZel66

Count me in!!!

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 15
- 7/28/2001 7:24:00 AM   
davidmiller

If you don't mind having a person who loves to play the game but is not too computer literate there, you will see me. (That means if your water ever goes down from your recent floods). I'd like to meet the people who put this together and fellow gamers also. Also, it may give me a chance to make sarcastic remarks to all of my pbem friends that keep beating me up in the battles I play them. All I can say is that on this forum is one of the best world communities I have ever had the pleasure of participating in. Just furnish the date and times. Check WB's luggage for 2 pd's.

rabid lobo

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 16
- 7/28/2001 11:09:00 AM   
KG Erwin

C'mon, I haven't heard anything from our Canadian friends. Anyone from the Great White North willing to travel down for this proposed meeting/gathering/drinking/talking/hockey playing(NOT)/schmoozing fan fest?

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 17
- 7/29/2001 7:48:00 PM   
bradmbrown

I would LOVE to. Best start saving my dollars up (65 cents a piece last I heard)... Hockey I can watch on TSN (Thank you God!) Drunk wargames, you want drunk wargames? We got the ships we got the guns we got big bladders too!

Don't let the past remind you of what you are not now

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 18
- 8/1/2001 9:53:00 AM   
KG Erwin

POsted by MacCready:"LOL Why Charleston WV? Why not say Philadelphia or the big ole apple NYC? "

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 19
- 8/1/2001 9:58:00 AM   
KG Erwin

My response:"Well, it seems that there HAS been some interest in holding a fan convention in Charleston WV. I've gotten a commitment from Wild Bill, and it seems to me that having a gathering in an easily accessible eastern location without the urban sprawl that exists on the East Coast would be a service to the fans, and would decrease the costs of such a venture. Yeager Airport is within 4 miles of downtown, and we have the choice of venues for the gathering (I'm currently favoring Embassy Suites). What's your objection to Charleston, MacCready? It seems to me to be a perfect location. I see this as only a one or two-day event, and it doesn't have to be overly elaborate. If you have a better idea, please let us know." [ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: KG Erwin ]

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 20
- 8/1/2001 10:03:00 AM   
KG Erwin

Posted by Marty1:"You could probably get a room for a week in Charleston for the price of a nights stay in NYC. Just don't have it in the winter." My response: The proposed convention will happen in April or May 2002.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 21
- 8/1/2001 10:12:00 PM   
Mike Oshiki

I'd love to attend and finally meet some folks in person. Plus, (if he comes) Paul Vebber and I could crack a few Leine's in deference to our eternal friends from the Sparticus Youth League in Madtown, USA... Mike

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 22
- 8/2/2001 1:18:00 AM   
TheZel66

Yo KG, any thoughts on an agenda while we're their? Also, any chance of you or someone getting a website up regarding specifics to the conference? What about having a chat session to brainstorm ideas??

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 23
- 8/2/2001 9:42:00 AM   
sinner

If I can get free time by then, count with a Sinner on the convention. Alas, Chuck Yeager was a great guy and I love flying. So, what a nice excuse :D Like flying to San Diego to see the Pac Navy there... well, I mean, I had to go to California and I picked a random airport... well, you know what I mean :D Salut,

Sinner from the Prairy<br />"Thalassa! Thalassa!"

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 24
- 8/2/2001 8:13:00 PM   
KG Erwin

quote:

Originally posted by TheZel: Yo KG, any thoughts on an agenda while we're their? Also, any chance of you or someone getting a website up regarding specifics to the conference? What about having a chat session to brainstorm ideas??
I like your idea of a chat session for sharing ideas. This is why I wanted to start planning at least six-seven months in advance. I'm still waiting on some word from David Heath to see if he will give it his blessing (and support). Wild Bill, God love him, is in. As far as a website to promote this, I hope we can get a page on this site. I'm open to any suggestions from those who expressed an interest in attending.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 25
- 8/2/2001 10:07:00 PM   
TheZel66

I'd like to see someone at Matrix come and give a talk on the companies' long term goals, ideas.... you might also want to invite the 2by3 guys to it as well.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 26
- 8/3/2001 6:31:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Great idea, Zel, since we are working so closely together. I hope it happens!...Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 27
- 8/3/2001 11:28:00 AM   
KG Erwin

How about visiting the chat room at 8 pm EST Friday Aug 3? I can only register in as guest, since my forum name apparently keeps getting rejected as "invalid user name". I'll try to set up the room as "Convention", and go from there. I'll test that right now. If anyone cares to, help me out to see if it works.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 28
- 8/3/2001 11:32:00 AM   
KG Erwin

Ok, the chat room is "Convention" and the password is "all". I need some help here. Anyone can reply.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 29
- 8/3/2001 7:38:00 PM   
TheZel66

i'll try to be there. my sister-in-law is in the hospital dropping a kid, so I may be busy tonight as an auxillery reinforcement :D :D :D hope to make it though..

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Matrix fan convention in Charleston WV Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI