Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

KP buyers should get the editor released with Normandy.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> KP buyers should get the editor released with Normandy. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
KP buyers should get the editor released with Normandy. - 10/11/2003 2:13:55 PM   
JoshF

Hey I think it would be nice if KP buyers get the scenario editor released with Normandy, assuming its technically possible and such.

Josh
Post #: 1
- 10/11/2003 3:53:02 PM   
Fred98

The editor did come with KP but it is not user friendly. This editire was used to produce KP.

My understanding is that the editor will be made user friendly - and relesed together with Normandy.

A great editor and the game will live a long time. TAO2, without an editor, lived about 4 years.

(in reply to JoshF)
Post #: 2
- 10/11/2003 4:38:31 PM   
Rob Gjessing

[QUOTE=JoshF]Hey I think it would be nice if KP buyers get the scenario editor released with Normandy, assuming its technically possible and such.
Josh[/QUOTE]

The BIN editor has been rewritten from scratch. I doubt it will be backward compatible - dont quote me on it though. You will be able to load KP scenarios into the editor and the editor will update them to BIN but the updated scenarios wont then be compatible for KP.

You can do everything you need to do with a KP scenario through the KP editor though.. I have just about finished a scenario which I have created from scratch.. using only the KP editor and photoshop. Its a completely new map etc. I think people will be surprised by what the KP editor is capable of.. after all its the tool SSG used to create KP with.. its very powerful.

Whilst the KP editor does not have any documentation there is a strong support network via the Run5 website. There are some tutorials available.. I stopped writing them because I wasnt getting alot of feedback about them and I assumed no one was really using them.. if the demand is there then I am happy to continue with them..

Any would be scenario editors only need to post a message to the local discussion forums over at Run5 for specific help. Roger Keating from SSG has been very supportive and helpful, both to me and other users. Im happy to provide as much support and assistance as I can to people.. I think I have a fairly good grasp of the KP editor - if you get stuck sing out! Zip up your scenario and send it to us and we will do our best to coach you on what you need to do or what you may be stuck doing..

People just need to ask for help and it will be there.. :)

The more people making scenarios the better! It means more games for us all to play.. I get the impression some people may be waiting for the release of the BIN editor before they start using it.. I think thats wasted time.. the elements of the BIN editor are very similar to the KP one.. the BIN one is just more user friendly.. but if you take the time to learn how to use the KP one now, then when it comes to using the BIN one you will fly with it.

As Roger has said before, learning how to use the KP editor is like learning how to drive a manual car.. learn it and then when you use the BIN one it will be like driving an automatic..

Whoosh!

(in reply to JoshF)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> KP buyers should get the editor released with Normandy. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI