Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Building Bridges

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Building Bridges Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Building Bridges - 10/14/2003 8:27:30 PM   
Tommi

Is the building of bridges also a "percent chance of success per turn" thing (like blowing them is)? In KP scenarios I've been able to build bridges with 100% success, but in TAO scenario my German units had to wait [I]three[/I] turns before the bridge was ready. Each time the "traffic jam" marker appeared, but no unit was able to pass (no matter how large or small) on that or the following turn. Wot the...?! As the Jerry is in kind of a hurry and behind a major river in that scenario, I was naturally a bit pi...erm...surprised.

Also, why on Earth is the blowing of bridges a dice roll dependant action for engineer units (if there are no enemies around at all)?
Post #: 1
- 10/15/2003 4:47:50 AM   
Pawlock

[QUOTE=Tommi]Is the building of bridges also a "percent chance of success per turn" thing (like blowing them is)? In KP scenarios I've been able to build bridges with 100% success, but in TAO scenario my German units had to wait three turns before the bridge was ready. Each time the "traffic jam" marker appeared, but no unit was able to pass (no matter how large or small) on that or the following turn. Wot the...?! As the Jerry is in kind of a hurry and behind a major river in that scenario, I was naturally a bit pi...erm...surprised. Also, why on Earth is the blowing of bridges a dice roll dependant action for engineer units (if there are no enemies around at all)?[/QUOTE] Building bridges if allowed is always 100 percent, As for why your units would not cross, the traffic penalty is cumulative with hex terrain and actually crossing river, some units even without penalties in certain conditions will need to use extended movement to cross and even then some conditions may prevent this too. Also enemy zones of control nearby can effect movement penalties.

(in reply to Tommi)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Building Bridges Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI