Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No combat summary

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> After Action Reports >> No combat summary Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No combat summary - 10/17/2003 8:11:37 AM   
wobbly

herbie has sent me the combat summary for another game he is playing so I can't comment on what occurred this turn, by the way, whoever you are I pity the position you are in, looks like the back foot something shocking.

Anyway, within the turn file a few things can be gleaned. It appears my PM invasion force has been successful in unloading unhindered this turn although it appears one of the damaged APs has sunk. My F4Fs at DBD continue to CAP them.
DBD has hit the pink in supplies so I have sent a couple of slightly damaged single ship supply TFs to DBD (from Townsville) to bump up the supplies a bit. I will also turn Lee's DD bombardment force into a FT mission and courier some more from GG (who now has 31K supplies).
The last Japs at Buna are captured (I think - they don't appear to have retreated) so my Aussies get into their walking boots and begin the long trek over the owen stanleys - I am leaving Buna unguarded - I hope he takes the bait.
A large force of surface ships is treking down from Truk to Shortland. I only have one sub in the way of it so I am unlikely to do anything to stop them.
This force does point towards a possible attack - probably a late grab at a auto-victory hex. Anything in Oz would now be suicide. Even with most of my Aussies in PNG there are still plenty of troops on the homeland and he will have to accomplish things without many/any carriers and be a very long way from home. So I figure it will be Luganville. Therefore I bolster the number of fighters and naval bombers there and at Wunpuko and the TF of transports heading there will increase the amount of supplies for a seige. I have ~800 assault points of troops at Noumea so I think I am still safe.
The Wasp turns around and can be my main anti-shipping weapon this side of the Coral sea. The Enterprise and the Saratoga will just have to work together without their mate.

(in reply to wobbly)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> After Action Reports >> No combat summary Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI