Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tactics Guide is Revised

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Tactics Guide is Revised Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tactics Guide is Revised - 7/31/2001 2:53:00 AM   
Larry Holt

Yes, the most eagerly anticipated update since the Brady Bunch Reunion movie is here!! I've updated my Tactics Guide for ver 5.x & 6.1. -I have written some sections that were previously "To Be Published" (although there are still some to be written & no images yet) -Specifics for tactics changes brought about by the infantry modeling update in ver 5.x & 6.1 -LOTS of TIPs by you, the gamers!! You will find it at: http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/spwaw_downloads.htm Download it, read it, enjoy it. Give me feedback.

Never take counsel of your fears.
Post #: 1
- 7/31/2001 3:15:00 AM   
Warrior

Thanks Larry! I need to re-read the whole thing. Hopefully it can help me improve my dismal performance in PBEM games. :eek:

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 2
- 7/31/2001 3:15:00 AM   
Gen. Maczek

Thanks Larry, there never comes a point where you cant learn something new, so I'll certainly take a look. Regards. Gen. Maczek

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 3
- 7/31/2001 4:45:00 AM   
Insert

Jeah! Some day i might beat someone! :)

Beware! Newbies are coming!

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 4
- 7/31/2001 7:10:00 AM   
KG Erwin

Thanks, Larry. I'll be sure to read the entire document before I launch my next campaign.

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 5
- 8/1/2001 2:34:00 AM   
RockinHarry

Ah..the awaited update! Thank you Larry :) ________ Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 6
- 8/1/2001 3:05:00 AM   
parusski

Larry, your dedication to the game is amazing. Good job and God speed. David

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 7
- 8/1/2001 8:59:00 AM   
parusski

I just finished reading the new strategy guide. I really got the most intersting info about using recon: one recon vechicle, two observers with vehicle and a tank or half track. I have been approaching it all wrong. Using just the recon vehicle and then engaging in fire fights. There was much more in the guide that opened my eyes to many things I have been doing wrong as a commander. Great work. Everyone should read this.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 8
- 8/1/2001 10:05:00 PM   
Larry Holt

Thank you very much for the positive comments. I hope to continue to write the missing sections and add images to better explain things once I have more experience with 6.x. As you can see, I put in a lot of tips by other gamers. Quite frankly, while I am the greatest military mind since Napolean (har, har), the broader SPWaW community can think of things that I never did. Just as some of you may learn from my guide, I learn from you. So, all you budding generals out there, even if you don't want to go to the effort of writing your own guide I certainly am willing to put in sections or tips and give you credit. Even if a section is written, if you have a different approach, I'd like to see it and expand existing sections this way.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 9
- 8/2/2001 3:58:00 AM   
Fabio Prado

I just would like to add that Larry's work is top notch - a must for everybody playing SPWAW. Even the hardcore ones will find something new there. ;) Great work, Larry! Fab

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Tactics Guide is Revised Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI