Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

About icons

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> About icons Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
About icons - 5/20/2000 10:53:00 PM   
Juggernaut

I dont know if this question has been posted before, but here it goes: Is it possible to make your own icons for different units with PSP or such?

Post #: 1
- 5/20/2000 11:37:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Write Nick Papp, head of Graphics at TGN and ask him what program is best. They have to be converted to shp files to work. Its a rather difficult process, but it can be done. Also write Klaus Muller. He has done a lot of work with icons. nickp@thegamers.net Dr.Klaus Mueller-Buschbaum E-mail Address(es): Klaus.Mueller-Buschbaum@rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE They should be able to help you...Wild Bill ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Juggernaut)
Post #: 2
- 5/20/2000 11:47:00 PM   
Juggernaut

Warm thx for your quick response Wild Bill, I'll contact the people you mentioned. reg., Juggernaut

(in reply to Juggernaut)
Post #: 3
- 5/21/2000 12:43:00 AM   
grockall

Speaking of Klaus Mueller some great new work of his has just been released. The Russian German edition ,an addon for SPWW2. Lots of new icons etc

(in reply to Juggernaut)
Post #: 4
- 5/21/2000 12:05:00 PM   
Bondy

Juggernaut - there is a great online tutorial for SHPED, the free SHP icon editor by Fred Chandla which has been used for all the SP addon's so far. It is actually the reason these add-ons were even possible! As Wild Bill says it is a fairly difficult process, something that takes some of trial and error with the editor. Here is the link to the tutorial: http://www.wargamer.com/sp/editing/default.asp Here is the link to the latest version of SHPED (From Fred Chandla's site): http://freds.webprovider.com/shped/shped05.zip

(in reply to Juggernaut)
Post #: 5
- 5/21/2000 8:55:00 PM   
Warhorse

quote:

Originally posted by Juggernaut: I dont know if this question has been posted before, but here it goes: Is it possible to make your own icons for different units with PSP or such?
Hey, very possible, I made most of the icons for the game, very time consuing, but also enjoyable. Am starting on Winter camo now, this however will take quite awhile! Any questions feel free to E-mail me at mikea@thegamers.net Warhorse ------------------ Meine Ehre Heiss Treu

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Juggernaut)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> About icons Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI