Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 10/21/2003 6:50:36 PM   
Belisarius

[QUOTE=Tommi]Here's another review of Korsun Pocket. A Finnish game mag called [I]Pelit[/I] gave KP a score of 85 points (out of 100 points max).

The reviewer's summary (translated by Yours Truly): Recommended for hex-strategy fans. PROS: Historic accuracy, Challenging AI, Pretty good looking for a strategy game. CONS: Too much like a spreadsheet, Really weird game interface, Would have been the best game in the world in 1985.[/QUOTE]

Clearly the reviewer has already forgotten what kind of games were around for the PC in 1995, even! :D

Let's all fresh up our memories by remembering that the originial Steel Panthers made its' debut in 1995. Quake was released in Q2 1996! We sure have come a long way the past 7 years. :cool:

Got StuG?

(in reply to Tommi)
Post #: 1
- 10/21/2003 8:05:06 PM   
Mac_MatrixForum

[QUOTE=Tommi]Here's another review of Korsun Pocket. A Finnish game mag called [I]Pelit[/I] gave KP a score of 85 points (out of 100 points max).[/QUOTE]
The review is there alright but I can't understand it. Lots of (IMHO) baseless complaints from someone who supposedly plays these games. His opinions are not in line with my opinion and what I read here about the pros and cons (he actually says that his opinions are not in line with what he reads, in the text). And the text has some contradictions too. I don't think I can agree one bit of that review. And reading the actual the text, I can't imagine why KP scored so well anyway.

Looks like somebody woke up with a wrong foot, got tired of playing strategy games, got frustrated by the general lameness trend of new games and expected something else. He is like he has these counless grand new ideas for these games but can't mention any.

Markku "Macroz" Rontu
"Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Captain John J. Sheridan, Babylon 5

(in reply to Tommi)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI