Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 10/22/2003 6:14:21 AM   
Preon

[QUOTE=Belisarius]Interesting question, Preon, and as interesting as it would be to have the ability to send recon units into a breach keep in mind one thing - the scale of the game!

Each hex is 3 Km across - sending an MC unit 3 hexes beyond the frontier implies a deep recon almost 10 Km behind enemy lines! :eek: :eek: In order to ensure you can extricate the recon results, you pretty much have to commit yourself, i.e. combat recon.

I see it as a feature of realism - you are lucky to know what units are moving where just two hexes in, that's 5+ Km. That's better information than many a commander had in the field, except the units they had had under observation for a long time that is.

(and ofcourse with the partisans and all, the SO usually had a tad better grasp of German units' whereabouts than the other way around, at least from 43 and onwards)[/QUOTE]

Agreed that 10km is a long way, but I'm talking about a situation where there's a huge gaping hole (30-40 km across). In a situation like that, I think the front line is improperly defined. A recon unit shouldn't see a lot of resistance from a unit that's concentrated 15 miles away. I guess I just don't enjoy the way the front line is defined.

This has become more like a whine than a strategy thread. Perhaps there is no recon at this level of conflict. I appologize. I'll come up with a real strategy corner later.

-Preon

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI