Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 10/23/2003 3:08:35 AM   
Fredflak

I have to agree in part. They should aim to be as close to the boardgame as possible, without making it a pain to play on a computer, gameplay should come first. And please, don't turn it into a real time game. :)

As for HoI, I like it, was too easy on its own tho. But there are mods out there that are great. There is one that makes it a real challenge, adding tons of events, changing the research tree, changing the icons and other things. The historical events with multiple choices are the things that got me hooked the most. It's also the part that I loved in Europa Universalis. So, HoI, an ok game on its own, a great game when modded.

(in reply to Les_the_Sarge_9_1)
Post #: 1
- 10/23/2003 5:40:23 AM   
Spickle

[QUOTE=Les the Sarge 9-1]Spickle, I strongly suggest if you want to play Hearts of Iron, you actually should play Hearts of iron :)

I highly doubt this game will be anything like HoI nor should you wait around to hear it will ever be real time.

Frankly, if they made this game real time, you would be unable to pay me to play it, let alone give it to me and make me like it.

Oh if you have not seen me say it yet, HoI sucks enough that I call it the worst wargame ever made :)[/QUOTE]

I do play HoI and I think the realtime works well. Now there are problems with it, I accept that, but I don't think they come from the lack of turnbase. I pause the game enough so that things don't over power me. If you slow things down far enough then you don't even have to do that.

I haven't played WiF, so I really can't comment on what is suitable for it, just what I prefer to play with, if we are to assume either method was to work.

If I may ask, what's this "SC" you speak of?

(in reply to Les_the_Sarge_9_1)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote