Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Games and Australian Design Group Seal Deal for World In Flames!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix Games and Australian Design Group Seal Deal for World In Flames! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Games and Australian Design Group Seal Deal for ... - 10/21/2003 12:18:50 PM   
David Heath

Matrix Games and Australian Design Group Seal Deal for World In Flames!
Matrix Games to Develop and Publish World Famous Wargame

Woodbridge, NJ, October 21st, 2003 - Matrix Games and Australian Design Group (ADG: www.a-d-g.com.au ) are pleased to announce that the international award-winning wargame World In Flames will be faithfully adapted for computer play. Unlike many other World War II wargames, World In Flames covers every unit in every theater of operations, making it possible to play out all of World War II in a single unified game system.

During its illustrious history, the World In Flames system has been honored with Game of the Year, State of the Art, Best 20th Century Game and Game of the Decade awards. Since its initial release, World In Flames has been supported by numerous updates, expansion and new editions incorporating countless hours of playtesting.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said, "World In Flames stands as a benchmark for large scale World War II wargames – a system which puts the entire war in the player’s control without surrendering detail and historical accuracy. We’re very excited to have the opportunity to bring this classic to computer wargamers around the world."

Harry Rowland, Managing Director of Australian Design Group, said "We decided some years ago that it was time to bring World In Flames to the computer. Matrix Games has been working with us on an excellent adaptation of Empires In Arms and we are confident they will do a great job with World In Flames as well.”

World In Flames is a strategic level game of World War II. The major powers are played by 2-6 players who seek to improve on the performance of their historical counterparts.

Game Features
· Faithful adaptation of the latest Deluxe version of World In Flames
· Network play
· Play by Email support
· Intelligent computer opponent
· Many optional rules and game system enhancements

ABOUT MATRIX GAMES

Matrix games produces, markets and publishes historical wargames as well as other computer gaming products. We are based in Staten Island, New York. For more information, visit the company’s website at http://www.matrixgames.com/ .

ABOUT AUSTRALIAN DESIGN GROUP (ADG)

Australian Design Group was formed in 1982, by a group of Canberra gaming enthusiasts interested in publishing Empires In Arms. After success with its first venture into wargaming, ADG then went on to produce its international smash hit, World In Flames, winning Game of the Year, State of the Art, Best 20th Century Game and Game of the Decade awards. ADG games continue to be distributed, sold and played around the world. For more information, visit the company’s website at http://www.a-d-g.com.au/ .

< Message edited by Requiem -- 2/5/2004 9:11:17 PM >

Post #: 1
- 10/21/2003 12:28:28 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

OH MY GOD!! the game I thought would never see done right on the computer will exist finally.

What a cool thing to read just before going to bed.

What next, Advanced Third Reich done properly?

I am beginning to think David is god himself hehe.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
- 10/21/2003 9:27:50 PM   
Twotribes

The Game exsists now, just sans an ai. Doubt you will ever have an effective AI for such a game anyway.

It has some problems though, for example, the supply rules dont seem to work right. I have the Japanese out of supply ON rail lines in china, connected to ports with no connection problem. The supply unit doesnt seem to help, I moved it close enough to extend supply from where supply was still working and nothing.

It is frustrating when the supply rules dont work as listed and cant seem to extend them as listed. Another problem I had was the allies got inititive in jan 1940 and never lost it.

Post #: 3
Long time player of the never-ending beta - 10/22/2003 12:15:38 PM   
Xelvonar

Well, poor Chris Marinacci is off the job. It was a valiant effort, but probably too big for one person. But I was worried that I'd have to learn an entirely new interface from the current (now extinct) beta.

But as I thought about it, I realized that Matrix Games should start from scratch and build an entirely new interface. The one on the old beta was kinda clunky. And so (not that I'm much of a programmer, but from what little I know) I suggest, someone impertinently:

[B]Start From Scratch.[/B]

More power to you guys. I've waited a long time; I can wait longer for a quality product. Don't rush it. I have bad memories of Master of Orion III. :)

Besides, I can bide my time and play Empires in Arms on my PC soon. Yeah!

Post #: 4
I simply can not WOOT loud enough! - 10/23/2003 10:19:55 AM   
bochiefus

I am totally psyched, buy you've got to get this done before I leave for Japan next July!

I've loved WiF since the first edition and I can hardly wait to play it over a network connection. It solves the Married with Children problem of not having room to set up the maps for a long period of time!

Post #: 5
- 10/25/2003 2:01:41 AM   
Spartacii

I had to dreams. A Lord of the Rings movie and a World in Flames computer game. I am in heaven now. To Matrix: 1) Take your time. We have waited years for this, we can wait a few more if that's what it takes. 2) Keep it turnbased. 3) If you have to choose between gameplay and faithfulness to the boardgame, choose gameplay. 4) For a game this complex, the interface and ease of use must be a priority, otherwise you will get a Masters of Orion III nightmare. 5) DO NOT ship a game without an AI with the promise that there will be an AI later. You want to sell as many copies as you can so do not limit yourself by releasing a version for only the small segment of the wargamer market that will play ONLY multi-player and not single-player. 6) I know this point will ruffle some people's feathers but you cannot ignore the reality of the market, most copies will be bought by those wargamers who will play single-player and will rarely if ever play multi-player. Of course you want to offer both options and have both be interesting, engaging, and challenging. Of course multi-player will be more challenging because the AI will never be able to play as well as a human being. But ultimately, becuase of the realities of the market, single-player must take precedence over multi-player. This is not to say that multi-player will be crap, but simply that you must know what your priorities are. Even if it means that your sill devote your resources, time, and money in a 51%/49% ration in favor of single-player, single-player must take precedence. 7) Have counters for us gronards and pretty unit sprites as eye-candy for everybody else. 8) Release an editor for us modders. This will rxtend the life of the game. 9) Make a game for the fans not the general public. This is just my .09 cents . I wish you good luck and let me express my gratitude for bringing what is a dream for many of us and having the courage to do so. Thank you.

Post #: 6
- 11/7/2003 2:29:49 AM   
harlekwin

The best of news David I cannot in all earnestness think of a better company to guard the reputation of that great game to the PC.

regards,
sven

$ociali$m-from those who will to those who won't.....

Post #: 7
- 11/8/2003 3:14:26 PM   
degen

WOW! Matrix is truly coming of age!

"I would have much rather that he had given me one more division" - Rommel after receiving his field marshall baton

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix Games and Australian Design Group Seal Deal for World In Flames! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI