Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

historical core force questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> historical core force questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
historical core force questions - 10/27/2003 4:30:46 AM   
Static

I'm taking a crack at the "Long Road to Victory" campaign and my core force consists of a full company of mechanized infantry w/ 37mm AT guns in their platoons (also comes with recon in the company), a platoon of M4A1s, a platoon of M13 SPAA guns, a platoon of 75mm SP guns (to be upgraded to M10s), a battery of 75mm SP artillery, a FO, and (of course) several platoons of jeeps and other cheap units to be upgraded later...

I have a weird feeling about this core force....is it historical at all? what would a no-holds-barred absolutely historical run-of-the-mill no connections to quartermasters and supply troops core force for the "long road" campaign consist of? I know there are people on the board who know this stuff inside and out ;)

on that note, what would a bare bones core for the stalingrad camp look like? i'd like to give these camps a shot with the equipment the average troops would have been given to work with.......

im so used to making my own custom core forces....i guess id like to try it from a grognard perspective :D

http://www.forkinhand.com
Post #: 1
- 10/27/2003 4:42:12 AM   
Bernie

[QUOTE=Static]I'm taking a crack at the "Long Road to Victory" campaign and my core force consists of a full company of mechanized infantry w/ 37mm AT guns in their platoons (also comes with recon in the company), a platoon of M4A1s, a platoon of M13 SPAA guns, a platoon of 75mm SP guns (to be upgraded to M10s), a battery of 75mm SP artillery, a FO, and (of course) several platoons of jeeps and other cheap units to be upgraded later...

I have a weird feeling about this core force....is it historical at all? what would a no-holds-barred absolutely historical run-of-the-mill no connections to quartermasters and supply troops core force for the "long road" campaign consist of? I know there are people on the board who know this stuff inside and out ;)

on that note, what would a bare bones core for the stalingrad camp look like? i'd like to give these camps a shot with the equipment the average troops would have been given to work with.......

im so used to making my own custom core forces....i guess id like to try it from a grognard perspective :D[/QUOTE]
I think I'd want a second platoon of tanks, probably M3's since it's early in the war, and some TD's. TD's were often used as artillery, something you can't use them for in SP:WaW, but I'd include them anyway. I didn't see any mention made of mortars, so I assume you have only the ones in the company?

What, me worry?

(in reply to Static)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> historical core force questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI