Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Claudes, Claudes everywhere

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Claudes, Claudes everywhere Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Claudes, Claudes everywhere - 10/29/2003 5:02:49 AM   
HMSWarspite

Several times now, I have (as Jn) noticed runaway Claude (and now Rufe) replacements, that are recorded on the 'used' column. It has no effect on play, but is slightly irritating. It seems to happen vs AI, and PBEM, and is independent of scenario. I have a mid June save where I have 'used' 200+ Claudes, and 80+ Rufes! I will send a save to Mogami if I may.

I did wonder if it was something about memory not getting cleaned out or something, but it happens in games that I start from scratch, and play on a clean load of the game. It takes a few days to kick it...say 14 or so.

I have a cunning plan, My Lord
Post #: 1
- 10/29/2003 5:48:37 AM   
Mr.Frag

Aircraft are being taken to fill up the CV's that are not on screen yet. They still exist and suck back planes even though you cannot see them. You should see the same situation with A6M3's being swiped to fill up some of the CV's before you actually have any on the map. You'll be wondering what stole the A6M3's, thinking the game is nuts! As soon as enough A6M2's are in the pool, one of the offscreen CV's will upgrade and dump it's A5M's into the pool which will kick loose to fill up your poor group sitting at Rabaul finally! Consider all the Japan CV's are being ingame from an aircraft standpoint and you'll see the numbers match up. The numbers do work out ... dig back in the threads here keyword pool, you'll find all the tests.

(in reply to HMSWarspite)
Post #: 2
When out of range of Truk - 10/29/2003 6:44:46 AM   
BPRE

Hi Warspite, Mr Frag

I've recently started a Scn 17 as Jap against the AI and noticed the same behavior with my Claude pools.

In my game only Zuiho, Hosho and Ryujo have Claude's at start. Hosho upgrades
on the 5/14/42. Has 6 Claude's and get's 15 Zero'es.

My pools at start that day are:
[CODE]
Used Pool
A5M4 Claude 8 0
A6M2 Zero 9 4 Was 9 and 17 the day before.
A6M3 Zero 0 14
[/CODE]
There's still something funny with this because in my reinforcement list I now have
1/F2/Tainan with 9 Claude's due in 1 day. F2/Tainan are in Rabaul and it's too far away from Truk to receive any replacements I believe so nothing happens.

The number of used Claude's at start of every day from the 5/15/42 increases like this:
14, 20, 27, 34, 41, 48, 55, 63 (this is the 22nd and the unit receives 1 more ac even though it's in Rabaul), 70, 80 + 10 in pool (Zuiho replaces 12 Claudes with Zero'es on the 23rd), 86 + 14 in pool and F2/Tainan receives 6 new ac. I moved the unit to Kavieng on the 24th and after that I don't see the 1/F2/Tainan unit in the reinforcement list anymore (I'm only at 6/1/42 so far).

On the 26th the no of used Claude's is still at 86 and the pool at 14. 17 ac in the unit.
On the 28th I think I receive a new ac to the pool because I get 10 new ac's to the unit and the no of used jumps to 96 with 5 in the pool.
On the 29th Ryujo has upgraded it's 12 Claude's so used is at 96 and pool at 18.

To me this looks like a bug that kicks in when the upgrades takes place and the unit (F2/Tainan) is out of reach of Truk.

If it only affects the Claude's in this way it doesn't look like a big problem though.

Regards
BPRE

(in reply to HMSWarspite)
Post #: 3
RE: When out of range of Truk - 2/20/2004 1:34:29 AM   
DoomedMantis

if it is only the Claudes I wouldnt worry about it too much. I havent seen you problem before, but as Claudes are quickly upgraded to zeros anyway

< Message edited by DoomedMantis -- 2/20/2004 10:38:42 AM >

I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.

- Shakespeare

(in reply to BPRE)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Claudes, Claudes everywhere Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI