Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Won My First Battle and Supply Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Won My First Battle and Supply Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Won My First Battle and Supply Question - 11/2/2003 7:52:00 PM   
Skie

My first two games playing the 1st Ukraine Front resulted in draws. This is with Computer - and hidden units. Everything else was standard. But, the third game I squampled. 367 more victory points. Surrounding the enemy so they can't retreat rules! :D

But, I have a question. How do you keep your supply lines open? I know interdiction messes with it. But, even when I place my supply truck on the other side of it, the area of influence (predicted for the next turn) is like 1-6 hexes. Do I need to set up a convoy. So that supply trucks supply each other or something?
Post #: 1
- 11/3/2003 4:29:39 AM   
Rob Gjessing

Supply trucks dont supply each other in KP. You need to try and keep your trucks on the roads, as I understand it, there are 2 arms to supply.

Firstly, the supply truck received supplies from a supply source (mainly a map edge hex - you can see these supply sources as they are reflected by a supply dump graphic). Then after receiving supplies the truck distributes them via their "burst radius" to the units around it.

So, you need to find a balanace of keeping your supply truck on a road and off difficult terrain, so that it can receive supplies from the supply source, and then keeping the truck close enough to the front so that it is close enough to be able to provide your fighting units with ammo, fuel and rations.

So the tips are - Supply trucks keep to roads, and near enough to the front..

(in reply to Skie)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Won My First Battle and Supply Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI