Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

"0" unit seen, on map. Press "N" and same unit highlit

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> "0" unit seen, on map. Press "N" and same unit highlit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"0" unit seen, on map. Press "N" an... - 8/10/2001 12:45:00 AM   
bradmbrown

Playing a campaign. Solitaire. Second fight. I have some leader units. I select the thing and move it. THEN, I click "N" and the same unit is highlit but report below says it is the "next" one. Example, unit "C0:" I move it and click "N" and the same unit is highlit, but status below says "C1." But I don't see a "C1." There is in fact, no "C1." Click "N" and up comes "C2." But there is no C2 on the map. Am I doing something wrong?

Don't let the past remind you of what you are not now
Post #: 1
- 8/10/2001 12:58:00 AM   
Kluckenbill

I've had this happen when reinforcements have arrived and they are on the very edge of the map. You have to manually scroll over to find the units. Otherwise, I've not seen this happen.

Target, Cease Fire !

(in reply to bradmbrown)
Post #: 2
- 8/10/2001 1:16:00 AM   
Bing

quote:

Originally posted by General Amnesty: Playing a campaign. Solitaire. Second fight. I have some leader units. I select the thing and move it. THEN, I click "N" and the same unit is highlit but report below says it is the "next" one. Example, unit "C0:" I move it and click "N" and the same unit is highlit, but status below says "C1." But I don't see a "C1." There is in fact, no "C1." Click "N" and up comes "C2." But there is no C2 on the map. Am I doing something wrong?
If you are in Setup (Human Deploy) after you hit "N" you have to either hit "F" (for Find) or mouse click the Find button on the taskbar. If you have made some changes to the Core Forces, later on in the camp. don't be surprised if the N + F skips over units - say skipping from the last B unit to a D unit, without going to the intervening C unit, in that case it is H-time and select the unit directly. Which you can always do, no matter what. Bimg

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to bradmbrown)
Post #: 3
- 8/10/2001 7:04:00 AM   
Anthony_MatrixForum

Hi There are two main cases here If you are in setup, this is normal, and the units _should_ on the map somewhere (you need to press 'F' to find them) if you are not in setup, this is 'normal' if the units have exitted the map or been killed (there is no _next_ unit to show, so the screen doesn't move, but the status bar is updated.) Otherwise ????? Anthony

(in reply to bradmbrown)
Post #: 4
- 8/10/2001 7:23:00 AM   
Bing

quote:

Originally posted by Anthony: Hi There are two main cases here If you are in setup, this is normal, and the units _should_ on the map somewhere (you need to press 'F' to find them) if you are not in setup, this is 'normal' if the units have exitted the map or been killed (there is no _next_ unit to show, so the screen doesn't move, but the status bar is updated.) Otherwise ????? Anthony
Anthony states the case in a fuller manner than I did in my first posting. There are two situations where legimimate units will appear on the H-menu but not on the map when you click and leave the menu: The units are passengers on aircraft - usually the a/c are piled up in one corner and the game doesn't want to go there, not even to point at the hex. The other is so obvious I almost don't want to cite it but will anyway: The units are reinforcements and won't be on the map for x-many turns. Infiltrators also won't show up before their time and occasionally during a campaign the game will confuse the two, in one case calling a Flak 88 an infiltrator. Mighty big piece of hardward to sneak behind enemy lines, what? After a reboot of game or two, didn't even have to make a new steel.prf file, the game resumed sanity by showing the 88 as a reinforcement. Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -

(in reply to bradmbrown)
Post #: 5
- 8/10/2001 11:50:00 AM   
bradmbrown

The units were not killed during the fight before and I used points to repair them. Perhaps I didn't click the correct button on exiting from the repair units screen... Anyway, the units do NOT show up as PRESENT on the H screen, ergo, they are, for one reason or another, just not present, so, um, yes, what you say is what is happenning. Gonna go back one fight to a saved previous and restart at the fight before things went wrong and I will try and do it RIGHT this time. Thank you all for your help!

Don't let the past remind you of what you are not now

(in reply to bradmbrown)
Post #: 6
- 8/10/2001 2:01:00 PM   
Bing

The Repair screen does get funny now and then, but if it is a situation of running our of points to "fix all", as just happened to me, the individual unit is still shown on the H-menu but it is listed as "Destroyed". Good idea to back up and replay - gets kind of bulky durng a long campaign, but I save each turn and twice before final deployment - once for units just after final choice, then once again right before the opening bombardment. That way I can always back up to the initial "cold" deployment. And some of those are weird too. Bing

(in reply to bradmbrown)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> "0" unit seen, on map. Press "N" and same unit highlit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI