Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mega Campaign going nuts!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega Campaign going nuts! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mega Campaign going nuts! - 8/10/2001 10:18:00 AM   
sg

Here's what happened...not once, but twice! Playing the first battle "El Aghelia", pounding the Brits, get to turn 16, I have all the V-hexes, battle ends, some of my units get improved experience, a message box pops up at the top of the screen saying I have recieved an award, then a message at the bottom saying mega campaign is saving the game. It then goes to a screen showing a decisive victory, score 5007 to 337, I hit continue to go to the next battle "A Stiff Resistance", I hit option to "Read reports and select options", I select "no option for a stiff resistance" and hit Continue. Here's where it goes nuts. It bombs out to the desktop. I go back into Spwaw, hit Mega Campaign, hit the "load save" button, select the save file, hit "start", hit enter and then it goes to what looks like the start screen for playing regular scenarios, and to top it off it tells me I'm the Yugoslavia player?!?! If I hit start turn it either does nothing or bombs out again. I've got copies of the save files for the turn when battle 1 ends and after it went nuts. I've got all the upgrades up to Ver6.1, stereo sound updates, and the corrected MC scenario files. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve.

"****, we're in a tight spot!"
Ulysses Everett McGill.
Post #: 1
- 8/10/2001 7:12:00 PM   
AlvinS

SG A few people are having this problem or variations of it. Go to the Tech support forum and post your problem along with your systems specs to a posting called "MC crash after game 1" Paul Vebber started this thread to colect information on this issue. I have stared a new campaign after deleting the steel.prf file and launching from Mech.exe. So far I have not had any problems and I am on the 4th scenario. Alvins

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to sg)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega Campaign going nuts! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI