Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Load barges with multiple units - possible?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Load barges with multiple units - possible? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Load barges with multiple units - possible? - 8/10/2001 9:59:00 PM   
Saltone

I am playing the first scenario of Guadalcanal, and I have a Raider company I am trying to load into the barges provided in-mission. But no matter how I arrange things, I don't seem to be able to place more than one unit in a barge, even though it seems to have capacity for 55 men! I tried "Loading" the barge itself by selecting it, hitting L, and then clicking on a unit in an adjacent coast hex. Fine. But if I try to do the same with another unit, it just switches to that unit instead of loading it. If I try to move the unit into the sea hex and hit L, it says "Assault boat (the infantry has boats) is too heavy to load". Not to mention the fact that if they didn't have rafts, I couldn't get them into the same hex at all. Suggestions? Thanks!

Post #: 1
- 8/10/2001 11:36:00 PM   
Saltone

Can't really start my campaign til I get some advice.... *bump*

(in reply to Saltone)
Post #: 2
- 8/11/2001 1:12:00 AM   
Mumdaan

I played the first mission after i read this. Seems as soon as any infantry unit gets to a water hex they acquire a raft, and since the barges are all AUX you can't load them during deployment. I used them for trucks and arty :) It seems like a design bugaboo created by the AUX designation of the barges. You COULD buy some barges as support units and then load them via "teleportation" during the deploy stage =) then there shouldn't be any problem loading them to capacity. -Mum [ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: Mumdaan ]

(in reply to Saltone)
Post #: 3
- 8/11/2001 1:17:00 AM   
Saltone

I haven't really had much luck with barges that I bought either, I tried that in the Tulagi campaign and ended up having to reload mission with amph. tanks. So how exactly do you load barges, if not by the "adjacent hex" method that I used above? (And which only allows a single unit to be loaded!) I didn't think I could move ground units into deep water, or barges into shallow water? Would appreciate a quick explanation, I couldn't find anything in the manual! Thanks again!

(in reply to Saltone)
Post #: 4
- 8/11/2001 1:21:00 AM   
Saltone

After reading your post again, I understand your teleportation suggestion, hehe. How sad that Marines are afraid of loading landing crafts in-mission! Anyone else have any suggestions? Are my barges truly as useless as we think?

(in reply to Saltone)
Post #: 5
- 8/11/2001 1:26:00 AM   
Mumdaan

Hehe.. we were posting at the same time. AFAIK you can only load water units with multiple units during *deployment* using the "teleport" load trick. (select the unit to be loaded and hit "L" then click the barge) They don't have to be in the vicinity of each other to load up.

(in reply to Saltone)
Post #: 6
- 8/11/2001 1:28:00 AM   
lnp4668

I found that you could only loads one unit inside the barge, no matter what its capacity. If you design the scenario, you could overload the barge.

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to Saltone)
Post #: 7
- 8/11/2001 1:51:00 AM   
Saltone

I suppose my mental representation of the in-game Raiders are reduced from "Sea Mobile" to "Seaborne" in that case, seeing as I can't do hit and run tactics! Oh well, not like raids are of much use in these campaigns anyway - I just need to get troops behind the lines to pillage and rape his REMF. Tx for the help guys.

(in reply to Saltone)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Load barges with multiple units - possible? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI