Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 11/4/2003 11:57:36 PM   
Martin Sabre

[QUOTE=Damien Thorn]A nighttime battle and the Japanese, with battleships get their butts kicked by Americans without battleships. Pathetic. Something really should be done about this because it happens a lot.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have said that they got their butts kicked at all and therefore not pathetic at all. As for happening a lot, I've never seen it before.

Martin

You can never find a 10-3 when you need one

[img]http://www.geocities.com/katzzuck/ab2.txt[/img]

(in reply to Damien Thorn)
Post #: 1
- 11/5/2003 12:52:06 AM   
gus

[QUOTE=Damien Thorn]A nighttime battle and the Japanese, with battleships get their butts kicked by Americans without battleships. Pathetic. Something really should be done about this because it happens a lot.[/QUOTE]

If the Japanese TF was on a Bombardment mission I don't see anything terribly wrong with it as their weapons load out would be primarily HE rather than AP. If however they were on a Surface Combat mission then you have a point.

-g

Post #: 2
- 11/5/2003 1:15:31 AM   
CapAndGown

I'll bet the crew of the Hiei thought the same thing. :p

Post #: 3
- 11/5/2003 11:22:11 AM   
von Murrin

Not quite. :)

As several of the following posters speculated, the performance was pretty good for the IJN. 1) They were on bombardment. 2) The BB's probably had all of 3 fire and 1 sys damage from that. They shrugged it all off, as well they should. 3) My two SC TF's are torn up. I have Salt Lake City with about 21 sys, San Francisco with about 16 (14in shell), and Hobart left for heavies, along with a few damaged and undamaged DD's. I didn't lose anything because all the damaged combatants put in to Lunga afterwards, but they'll not be back before mid-'43.

Essentially, I sank the screen and got mauled. Loads of fun. :D

I give approximately two fifths of a !#$% at any given time!

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI