Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Military building icons

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Military building icons Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Military building icons - 8/13/2001 9:53:00 AM   
Eric Bondura

Has anybody been able to use these? I can place the buildings on the map but the actual building hex properties don't line up with the placement of the graphics on the map.
Can anybody help?

Post #: 1
- 8/13/2001 7:47:00 PM   
Dan Bozza

If I understand your question correctly, regardless of the icon that is placed on the map, the program makes a 3 X 3 hex grid of "Building Hexes". You must go back and change the hexes around the building to clear hexes, even though they look clear. For example, X X X
B B B
X B X 'B' represents the building icon. The 'X' represent hexes that appear to be clear, but put your cursor over those hexes, and they will show up as building hexes. Simply change the X hexes to clear terrain, and you should be fine.

"Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means."

(in reply to Eric Bondura)
Post #: 2
- 8/14/2001 9:31:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Excellent answer, Boz. Nothing to add here! Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 3
- 8/14/2001 9:53:00 AM   
Eric Bondura

What happens is I place a multihex military building on the map ( select multihex building, and enter 6 for military-type building as opposed to residential, industrial, or city)and the building graphics are not placed in the same hexes assigned building properties for movement, cover, concealment and so on.
It goes something like this, where G equals the building graphic and X equals the hex assigned as stone building. G + X equals building graphic and hex properties coinciding in one hex, as it
seems it should be. G G
G G G+X X
G G+X X X
X X

So a military building that should cover 7 hexes (1 central hex plus the six adjacent hexes)covers a nearby set of seven hexes, but only two of those that are covered by the building graphic. Let me say that I appreciate your taking time to answer my question. Also, much gratitude to the Matrix guys for all their hard work! Things just keep getting better
all the time.

Post #: 4
- 8/15/2001 12:33:00 AM   
Warhorse

Hmmm, would appear that some graphics got by quality control!! They are not aligned properly in the shpedit program!! This is a very easy thing to happen with terrain graphics, they align differently than vehicles, the reason I stayed with mainly doing all the vehicle graphics, terrain drove me nuts!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Post #: 5
- 8/16/2001 9:31:00 AM   
Flashfyre

If I remember correctly, there was a disclaimer on the Military icon set about them being 'under development' and to be 'used at your own risk'. There may be a way to fix them....if I find one, I'll post it here.

The Motor Pool http://www.geocities.com/aurion_eq/index.html?976419304550 [email]kmcferren@onemain.com[/email]

Post #: 6
- 8/17/2001 12:32:00 AM   
RockinHarry

quote:

Originally posted by Boz:
Simply change the X hexes to clear terrain, and you should be fine.
Unfortunately that´s only half true. By deleting the unwanted building hexes with clear terrain, not all terrain stats will be set to clear. Simply check LOS through these cleared hexes and you´ll notice that LOS is still blocked!
That´s cause the S8 Byte 8 is not cleared by the "clear" terrain mouse click. This S8 byte 8 more or less is also responsible for LOS calculations, so it´s still set to "stone building". Can just be cleared in Freds Map Editor. __________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Military building icons Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI