Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 11/5/2003 9:36:31 AM   
K62

How about opponents who come up with new rules after the game is over and say you broke them?

"Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak"
John Adams

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 1
KG - 11/6/2003 1:10:22 AM   
Gary Tatro

[QUOTE=KG Erwin]Don't get me wrong--I play for fun, too, but I don't want to turn a decent historical simulation into a free-for-all shoot 'em up. That's for kids. It's funny--I'm pretty liberal socially, but when it comes to wargaming, my conservative "this is serious business" mindset takes over.[/QUOTE]

I have to respectfully disagree. I think that the PBEM is the ultimate in SPWAW. Ussually by setting some ground rules that both people can agree on the games are tremendously fun and exciting. Yes some times you play someone that does something that you feel is un-sportsmanlike but ussually by talking to them via e-mail you can come to a mutual agreement and continue to play and enjoy games with them. Sometimes you can't and that is ok too because you just move onto other players how have the same ideas about the game that you do. Also sometimes you run into some new tactic or use for some piece of equipment that suprises you. This happened to me about a year ago and again just recently. What you do is talk about it and then incorporate it into your ground rules.

I think that you are really missing out by just playing the computer. The AI routine in SPWAW is really very, very, very bad. Even with senarios, which granted tend to be better, I have played many of them. But when you are actually fighting an opponent who can bait you, moves his units inteligently, and uses terrain and smoke to menuver your forces is second to none.

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI