Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ww2 campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> ww2 campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ww2 campaign - 11/7/2003 5:21:15 AM   
eniced33

I am new and starting the ww2 campaign. I am getting around 4000 points to pick my core force with. My question is do I buy all my core units at this time? If so will they all be used in the first battle? That is an awful lot of units to manage. How do I know how many and what kind to buy? Same with support points, should I use them all? Basically I need some guidance on how to get started on a campaign game. Thanks for any help> Eric
Post #: 1
- 11/7/2003 5:29:36 AM   
Major Destruction

It all depends if you like big battles or small battles.

In any case you might want to consider buying a balanced force with a
Recon Company,
A Tank Company
2 Infantry companies
A Anti-tank platoon
A anti-aircraft platoon
Some onboard artillery
Some transport

I don't know how many points this will cost you but it should give you a chance to fight any kind of battle during the campaign.

If you want small core force, simply replace the Companies with platoons and the platoons with sections.

Some players will recommend that you buy a bunch of cheap units that you can upgrade as the campaign progresses. For example a scout team could be upgraded to an infantry squad; a jeep could upgrade to a tank. In my opinion this is 'gamey' but since you are playing your game, you should choose.

(in reply to eniced33)
Post #: 2
- 11/7/2003 7:03:28 PM   
serg3d

[QUOTE=eniced33]I am new and starting the ww2 campaign. I am getting around 4000 points to pick my core force with. My question is do I buy all my core units at this time? If so will they all be used in the first battle? That is an awful lot of units to manage. How do I know how many and what kind to buy? Same with support points, should I use them all? Basically I need some guidance on how to get started on a campaign game. Thanks for any help> Eric[/QUOTE]

I suspect WWII campain is completly unbalanced. I would suggest to start from some custom-made campain (for example _Heroes of Motherland_ is small and easy campain for russians, with small core force) Also for small force you would probaly want to increase proportion of tanks/AFV to infantry - like 1:1 instead of 1:2. But always get some infantry, tanks suck in close combat without infantry support/spotting.

(in reply to eniced33)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> ww2 campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI