Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Thanks for a great game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Thanks for a great game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Thanks for a great game - 11/7/2003 7:28:59 AM   
Harry Flashman

I just picked up my copy of Korsun Pocket and I just wanted to post about how much I am enjoying it.

I haven't really played a board wargame in like 10-15 years, I just sort of stopped playing for some reason (school, work, lack of anyone to play with..lol)

Anyway, I've been looking to get back into wargaming and since I really don't know anyone else in my area who wargames, I went for a PC game and I bought a copy of Korsun Pocket. It's fantastic. I can't say enough about it. It's bringing back all those memories of those great games I played when I was younger.

Although nothing beats (for me anyway) the fun of moving counters around a huge map like in the Europa series from GDW or a game like World in Flames (can't WAIT for that game), this game really impresses me.

What can I say? The tutorial is great, it gave me enough info to jump right into a game and its easy to alt+tab out of the game to the manual for more info. The game itself is simple yet complex, if that makes any sense.

I'm babbling...but I just wanted to say thanks for making a great game.

Really looking forward to see how you guys do WiF!
Post #: 1
- 11/7/2003 7:57:42 AM   
Miller Logan

I was just contemplating posting a similiar message earlier today. Europa Series and WIF were a little overwhelming for me but Avalon Hill's "Russian Campaign" and SPI's "Battles in the Ardennes" were my favorite operational/strat level boardgames. I bought my first pc, an IBM PS1 in 1990 just to play "Fire Brigade". As much of an avid "Combat Mission" player as I am now, the satisfaction I get from playing KP and TAO3 against the AI brings back all those memories you describe.

Thanks Matrix and SSG!

(in reply to Harry Flashman)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Thanks for a great game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI