Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anyone here Play WWII Online

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Anyone here Play WWII Online Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anyone here Play WWII Online - 11/8/2003 12:36:13 AM   
Shaun Wallace

Hi Guys, Check this on the Wargamer: http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=291 Cheers Shaun

Nec amicus officium nec hostis iniuriam mihi intulit, quo in toto non reddidi. - Sulla
----------------------
http://www.closecombat.org/csoforums/portal.php
Post #: 1
- 11/8/2003 1:27:45 AM   
Agua

Probably a good marketing move for Matrix as a lot of those players have a strong interest in military history, but don't have a clue as to what a command perspective wargame is.

On the other side, that was one of the worst games I've ever played and it feels sort of "icky" to see Matrix's name associated with it. I know David Heath likes the game, and no offense to those of you who do like it, I just found it absolutely horrid.

Earn this ... Earn it.

Capt. John H. Miller
June 13, 1944

(in reply to Shaun Wallace)
Post #: 2
- 11/8/2003 1:29:17 AM   
Waycool

Hi Shaun I have been playing pretty much since initial release. It was a quite a suprise to see Matrix's name associated with WW2OL on my last auto patch update. Does this mean Strategy First is out of the WW2OL mix? If so woohoo.. SF is the poster child for release disaster.

WW2OL has come along way since the inital release and just recently a major patch has been released which adds and improves a number of items.

Looking for a ww2ol squad visit [url]www.bkbhq.com[/url]

Michael "Waycool" Peters

Post #: 3
- 11/8/2003 3:43:01 AM   
Creed

I play WWII Online!

Any of you Matrix guys like motorcycles? :D

Post #: 4
- 11/8/2003 4:13:15 AM   
Agua

WHEELZ?!? Hey man!! What's goin' on?

Oh, I believe that YOU really like it man. I don't doubt that at all. I remember your rants on the changes made on FB destructability (is that what it was?) :D
So, I'm WELL aware you aren't a blind fanboy or something. [Edit] Yeah, now I'm remembering you giving those guys absolute HELL about those Stukas LOLOL!! That was pretty funny stuff man. :D [End edit]

See, for me, it wasn't a niggle with, say, "the 109 can't be taken down from shots to the rear" or what have you; it was the core gameplay design that just was uninteresting. It was as if CRS sat around and, being aware that they could make some damned good 3D animated vehicles, didn't think about the objectives of the game except as an afterthought. Like, "hey! cool. Now, what are we going to have these vehicles do in the game?". So they came up with that exclusive focus on capturing a flag in a town center, spawn from there, and move on to the next town to do the same. It just wasn't interesting.

The problem with the prediction model was pretty bad for inf play as well. Ya know: where it is actually an advantage to be running around rather than stationary in a defensive position because the moving player is not really (or only coincidentally) where you perceive him to be displayed on the screen. Accordingly, you *think* you've fired about 2-3 shots into him only to be killed while he appears to be standing still in front of you or suddenly warps past you to some other location. That was pretty lame. Same with the inf's camera view being located near the abdomen after one of their patches; you *think* you're behind some cover barely peering through with your head, when in actuality, the entire upper half of your torso is sticking out for all to view. They ever get either of those things ironed out?

I do have to say I was surprised to read they added smoke grenades, though. That had long been an item I'd been yelling for. It was murder trying to assault those ABs without smoke.

[Edited to add a sentence as noted above and for typos]

Earn this ... Earn it.

Capt. John H. Miller
June 13, 1944

Post #: 5
- 11/8/2003 5:32:12 AM   
fleken

Woot, I play

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Anyone here Play WWII Online Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI