Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 11/10/2003 4:04:46 PM   
Tommi

HOI was a terrible load of bull, IMHO. The real-time aspect in a game of this scale (grand strategy) was completely unworkable. Out of the box, the game was hardly playable, because it crashed every other minute. The tutorial was a joke, the game interface confusing, managing your country a chore, the research model an exercise in micro...no...nano-managing (I mean in a game of this scale do I really have to make separate research orders for every component in a tank or plane), before you configure the pop-ups you'll get swamped by them in the first 5 seconds of the game...etc. etc. (IMHO, YMMV and so on, of course) Man, I really hated this game.

(in reply to NefariousKoel)
Post #: 1
- 11/12/2003 12:15:58 AM   
Sultanofsham

[QUOTE=NefariousKoel]Oh yes. I worked for a supplier and was in one of our local Wal-Mart customers dropping off some stuff when I saw it. I thought "wow, I didn't know that was released!" IIRC it was something like $55. I bought it. It ended up being an Alpha version. After the official release, I was able to scan the back of my CD case which had the CDkey on it and e-mailed it to SF in Canada. They promptly sent me the official release version. Which was still an Alpha!

Here I am approximately a year and a half after I bought the thing with one patch that barely makes it playable. The second one has been in "testing" for months. I am not happy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I remember the lead designer saying they had no idea SF was going to pull that. He wasnt happy at all.

Sci-fi channel SUCKS.

One of the true tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency.
-- Arnold H. Glasow

(in reply to NefariousKoel)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll