Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A Little Negligence

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> A Little Negligence Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Little Negligence - 11/10/2003 8:53:24 PM   
CPT Shoe

Got A little negligent in filling out my battlefield reports since my "vacation" so I will spend some time getting anyone who is interested back up to speed.

The American first wave forces loaded up in their little rubber boats and made a crossing of the Vire river near the destroyed Saint Lo-Cherbourg railroad bridge. There were a few valiant German defenders who had overwatch of the river, and the initial American casualties of that first crossing were moderate to heavy. Unfortunately I did not have overwatch of the entire Vire river in our area of operations, and significant American Forces (multiple companies of the 175th, supported by Engineers from the 121st) crossed the Vire and gained a foothold on a large finger like peninsula just south of the destroyed railroad bridge. The American forces worked their way west towards the knuckle of this finger under German artillery barrages and a few token troops who faught hard. The knuckle was anchored by a what once was a very nice Chateau, but now is nothing more than smoking ruins. At least one other wave of American forces (G Co, 175th) crossed the Vire river near the Railroad bridge, and eventually linked up with the forces that had been working their way west, down the finger. German losses included two 88's that were in ackward positions, but could not be moved because of lack of suitable transport.

Just prior to the link-up on the shores of the Vire river, the 101st Airborne arrived at the scene on our north-west flank. The 101st attacked on the outskirts of the little village Montmartin-en-Graignes. They are advancing South and East after being blocked along the road trying to make link up with the forces along the Vire river. So far the 101st progress has been slow, and they just recently have penetrated the fringe of the village of Montmartin-en-Graignes. So far, a few German defenders have managed to prevent the 101st and the 175th from linking forces.

A little farther south, the river shields the dominant terrain feature of La-Raye hill (just to the east of the village of La-Raye). Multiple American machine gun teams have made a crossing of the Vire river in what looks like an attempt to gain the hill, and maybe some eyes on the Vire-Taute Canal bridges.

The village of La-Raye still stands in the way of the two pronged American attack in the north, and they will have a long march to reach the Canal bridges.

If further crossings are made (I still have not encountered any American Armor) in the vicinity of La-Raye hill I will have a serious fight (How can it get any more serious than it currently is??) on my hands.

I have been reinforced with a platoon of Pz-pioneers and a pair of Luchs, and as long as the American Armor remains absent, I just might be able to hold the Canal Bridges.

People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> A Little Negligence Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI