Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 11/13/2003 12:48:01 PM   
Mike_B20

[QUOTE=tabpub]Mike, I think the problem that you might be having is the size of the strip that you are basing the 17's out of. There seems to be a correlation between your losses and your missions out of Wunpuko and Kourotopo(sic). Both those bases are small as I recall and even though you might have built them up to level 4's to enable level bomber ops, the 17's would be better off at a size 7+ field so that the damaged planes don't prang it on the return landing.[/QUOTE]

You might be right tabpub, although I did suffer some op losses even when flying from size 9 airfields.

There are penalties for flying missions at long range.
Doing a hex count of the distance between Luganville and Lunga I noticed that although Lunga appears to be within the normal range "ring" when viewed on the map it is in fact a few hexes over normal range...therefore I thought I'd try a few raids from a closer base, figuring the benefits might outweigh the penalty of flying them from a size four airbase.

Also, I've been playing musical airfields with my opponent re B17's bases. :D
He keeps tring to hit them with night Betty missions :)

Never give up, never surrender

(in reply to tabpub)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI