Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 11/15/2003 6:18:32 AM   
Chiteng

[QUOTE=mdiehl]That's a pretty meaningless answer. You've stated that you can't attempt that which you wish to attempt because the assets that you feel that you need to make the attempt are not available. They're not available because you don't get to control 30%. Got it.

So third time's the charm I hope:

What do you need that you don't have?

Seems to me that by refusing to state what you feel you need and instead simply dissing the whole state of affairs because you can't "control 30%" that all you accomplish is to dodge the question.

If I understand your dig against Admiral King, you are now stipulating that the 1-prong approach was not used because of King, rather than because of Mac and Nimitz. Of course, since King had to manage the Atlantic War as well, and since a big pile of the fleet support that you mentioned was tied up in the North African and Med campaigns, that your biggest complaint is either that the US rationalized its production to meet its strategic goals, or else that the ETO was not subordinated to PTO in receiving assets.[/QUOTE]

No I am saying clearly that the historical builds paced the way they were would VERY likely be inadequete to a cross-ocean advance. Not because they could
not have been built or allocated. Especially CV aircraft replacements.
Why would the CV aircraft repl be low? Because we lost several CV. They
built what they needed.

Also you seem to not know that King ruled his assets with an iron hand and refused to release them from all quarters. INCLUDING demands from Europe.
They simply sat in storage.
Why he did that would be speculation.

As for Mac, there is no need to take back the Pi or fight in New Guinea
or the Soloman. Once sufficient HB become available these locations are moot in any case. But fleet support assets LIKE BaseForces are vital if you actually intend to USE and advance. If you dont have them, you wont be going anywhere. Also fleet oilers.

“It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.”

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest

"Statistic

(in reply to mdiehl)
Post #: 1
Assets - 11/15/2003 6:22:45 AM   
mogami

Hi, While the Allied player is waiting for the Essex class CV to arrive (WITP arrival dates reflect the training periods) and gathering the support ships et al he will have a vast number of units with nothing else to do but wait. He might as well find the nearest Japanese base and move air units in range and begin gaining experiance and killing Japanese. There is no shortage of surface ships that can battle the IJN. (supported by the first 6 USN non Essex class CV)
If the allied player does not find some means of fighting the Japanese will be free to do what ever they wish. (Dig in or make operations against isolated Allied areas) There are plently of places that in 1942 the allies can threaten and as a result kill Japanese. The more he kills in 1942 the fewer he will encounter during his march on Tokyo. Without the battles of 1942 the Japanese in 43 and 44 will be much stronger (and as a result require the allied build up to proceed longer) The historic allied builds are more then enough to defeat Japan but I would not depend on one massive battle to win the war.
The first requirement is the destruction of the IJN CV. The USN does not have to wait for 1943 to begin this. (and would be wise to have a major portion done by mid 1943)

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to mdiehl)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI