Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Placement of Battalion Commander?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Placement of Battalion Commander? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Placement of Battalion Commander? - 11/14/2003 9:34:44 AM   
Adamo

With C+C on, where do you place your battalion commander? I'm assuming that most of you attempt to keep the formations under a certain battalion commander in same 'area' of the map.
Post #: 1
I haven't given this much thought... - 11/15/2003 11:35:02 PM   
challenge

But the formations under the Bat CO tend to be my support platoons (engineers, the odd AG or On-board Artty section) so they have specified missions which determin where I place them. If not in the back with the reserves, I put the Bat CO somewhere near (but not in) the mass of the battalion since this tends to be where the main opposition is encountered. (At least I hope it is. ;) )

Usually, if the commanders are in contact with their respective formations, and they have radio contact to the Bat level, there isn't much problem. If the unit command is toast, however, the issue is problematic. That's why I always give the Bat CO some kind of transport -- it makes it easier to get somewhere if needed to give those extra command points.

Challenge

War is unhealthy for die-stamped cardboard and other paper products.

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Placement of Battalion Commander? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI