Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OK Folks - New stuff in the Store...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> OK Folks - New stuff in the Store... Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OK Folks - New stuff in the Store... - 8/22/2001 10:41:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

We have new limited edition coffee mugs, T-shirts, and ball caps, the coffee mugs in particular are few in number. We have also put Lost victories down for 19.99 preorders. That way you can order the game, and the gear together and it will be shipped together for one shipping fee. PLEASE NOTE; that when you pre-order the game you get charged up front. We are very close on this and expect to to ship the week of Labor day. But hat is not a guarentee. The new store has been working very well, so you can order order with confidence that the fiasco from last time will not be repeated. IF YOU PRE-ORDER THE GAME your other items will be shipped together with the game when it is ready. [ August 21, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ]

Post #: 1
- 8/22/2001 10:48:00 AM   
Tombstone

Aww, are there no more coffee mugs?? Tomo

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 2
- 8/22/2001 11:19:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Oops , I jumped the gun a bit...the new stuff should be appearing shortly! Keep checking - you didn't miss it

Post #: 3
- 8/22/2001 2:39:00 PM   
Resisti

Paul V., anything new as for the Europe based CD printing company?
Shipping costs are still a major issue for most of us... Txs.

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

Post #: 4
- 8/22/2001 2:49:00 PM   
ubertechie

just tried to pre-order it and got continually bounced to the confrim order page - (no page reload !)
Please help - i'd love to buy this even if MCNA wants to crash randomly at the most annoying of times
Thanks
Uber

Post #: 5
- 8/22/2001 5:14:00 PM   
robber

Yup, I have the same problem. I can't seem to choose a shipping option anywhere, just looping on the confirm order page. Trying to pre-order Lost Victories... Bummer huh!
robber

Post #: 6
- 8/22/2001 7:00:00 PM   
lnp4668

Just ordered Lost Victories and coffee mug this morning and order seems to go through ok. The only annoying thing is the dialog box that says "this page contains both secure and non secure item do you want to display the non secure item?" keeps on popping up.

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

Post #: 7
- 8/22/2001 7:15:00 PM   
Xcorps

Since your talking about New stuff in the stores, any plans for a pacific theater MC?

Post #: 8
- 8/22/2001 7:44:00 PM   
Alf

Also have the problem that I can't choose the shipping method. Last time I paid over 120$ for the shipping and customs! Please find a better distribution way to Euroland. Thanks Alfons

Post #: 9
- 8/22/2001 7:57:00 PM   
TheZel66

Just ordered Lost Vics. Is the checkout process supposed to give the user the feel of actually being on the Russian front?? I think it did for me. I know you guys are busy, but the store is where all your work pays off, literally. If you're looking for a volunteer for help, count me in. I've got over 6 years experience building ecommerce sites...

Post #: 10
- 8/22/2001 7:59:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

We have found FedEx to be the best shipping option to Europe and I think its under 30$ including dutties tarrifs and taxes etc etc. We understand that paying as much for shipping as for the whole game is annoying, but finding a distributorship for the few items we currently have is a problem. BUt as a business we have a potential liability if we don;t use a trackable means to ship overseas, and the customer can have a liability for duties and taxes if we just send it "el cheapo" UPS. THe FEdEx option seems the best way to ensure everyone knows what they are paying. You can mass your orders, and save money if you can get 30 or 40 people to combine their orders in one. PLease give details on the problems with the order process. We checked it out and it was working fine for me? What sort of problems are you experienceing? [ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ] [ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ]

Post #: 11
- 8/22/2001 8:24:00 PM   
alfredtc

The shipment charge of FedEx seems too expensive since it charge me near US$25 is there any choice like UPS that use on MCNA before?

Post #: 12
- 8/22/2001 9:13:00 PM   
mao

I ordered A couple of comments, though. I hate to be one of the legions of complainers, but why do we have to register to buy something? everywhere I go it's register, register, register... $7.50 for UPS shipping?? Seems a bit high...

Post #: 13
- 8/22/2001 11:26:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

There is a button to push if you don't want to register... $7.32 is what came up whne I checked for wat it would cost me to ship country here to Rhode Island, 7.96 to ship to San Diego. That includes the handling charge (like 2 or 3 bucks) too. We don't ship things ourselves, but use a fulfillment house that we pay for warwhouse space and handling and we have to add a buck or so to cover our e-commerce costs etc. Go over to Battlefront they charge $8.00 flat rate in the US, HPS $5 (UPS ground or USPS untrackable), Shrapnel charges 6.25 for FedEx Ground, So we are in the ballpark of the other online companies. Each have different expenses and cuts different deals. We had an incredible number of problems with untrackable shipments not getting to their recipients (like 10 times higher than the trackable ones) we just can't affort to send that many dupliate items at our expense, so we only use trackable shipping means.

Post #: 14
- 8/22/2001 11:39:00 PM   
Jasper

Wow to europe is $120/=, I wonder if I order it to send to me in Singapore ????

Post #: 15
- 8/22/2001 11:39:00 PM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber:
PLease give details on the problems with the order process. We checked it out and it was working fine for me? What sort of problems are you experienceing?
I can not figure out how to input the shipping option. Everytime I push the "CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE YOUR ORDER", Nothing happens except that the Text "Choose a shipping option" appears. Since I am not the only one who is facing this problem, could anyone here please post how to input the shipping options? Thanks, Roland

Post #: 16
- 8/22/2001 11:41:00 PM   
TheZel66

paul, if your refering to my comment, nothing was incorrect/broken. The interface and process is less than user-friendly. For example, when I first checked out, it asked me to login. I didn't know my password, so I went to the link to send my password to my email address. So far so good. After I got through that process, i logged in, and it proceeded to take me out of the store So i get back in the store, and hit checkout again. It takes me to a form to fill out my billing info. I fill out the form, and then want to use a different shipping address. So I selected 'add new address' and that takes me to a new form to fill out. OK. I do that. when i finish, it takes me back to the billing information, which has now reverted back to the old information. I suddenly feel like Im the German army in stalingrad. a similar thing happens when i add credit card info. Once again, I know that spending alot of time on this is the last thing on your list, but i just thought you may want to get an honest opinion of what the checkout experience is like for a user.
OK, but could be improved. Also, mixing web content from secure and non-secure web sites is kinda bothersome too. Probably graphics on the page causing the problem.

Post #: 17
- 8/23/2001 12:16:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

OK Here are step by steps on how to run through the store: 1) go to www.matrixgames.com and hit enter, then select STORE form the left hand column of options 2) please read teh policies the first time you visit so you know the ground rules, click the POLICIES button on the line of options at the top of the page. The phone number for phone orders is listed there. 3) in the box on the left hand side select the type of merchandise you wish to buy. We only have WW2 games and merchandise (but have plans to fill the other categoires out in the future). I clicked on World War II. 4)You can click on the icon or MORE INFO to get more info - or or the BUY NOW button for adding an item to your shopping cart. NOTE IF YOU SELEECT A PRE_ORDER ITEM YOU WILL BE CHARGED WHEN YOU COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION AND THE PRODUCTS WILL BE SHIPPED WHEN THEY ARE AVAILABLE (SHOULD NOT BE MORE THAN 30 DAYS - WE LEARNED OUR LESSON LAT TIME) 5) after pressing BUY NOW you will be taken to a listing of teh items in your shopping cart. IF you want to buy more, click again on categories and repeat step 4. Each time you add an item, hit REACALCULATE to give you a new sub-total. 6) when you have teh items you want - hit PROCESS ORDER. You will be prompted to enter a LOG-IN name and password. The "register" is only there so that you don't have to re-enter you data every time you come to the store. IF you don;t want to register, just press the CLICK HERE button. (I did that) 7) Now the data entry form comes up. All the ASTERISK (*) fields are required, but if you just want to check shipping cost, just bu any character in (a@a.com) for email. Put the City and State and zip code and country for the loaction you want to check shipping to (or your real info if you really want to buy). FIll this out completely before you start, or you may end up on the Russian Front, trying to get it to update in the online form! I filled in all "a" and my loaction info and then hit "pay by check" if I don't want to enter credit card info.
I then hit CONTINUE CHECKOUT. NOTE: YOU HAVE NOTE BOUGHT ANYTHING YET!! 8) Now you are shown the contents of your cart and the shipping options (and you did not have to enter your credit card number or complete teh transaction, if you bail at this point you will not be charged. Choose your shipping options (mine range from $7.32 for UPS GROUND (with Tracking - about 3-5 days) to $47.55 for early AM next day. ALL OUR SHIPPING OPTIONS ARE TRACKABLE ONLINE! (See the "track your shipment" links on the store front page - if you don't get your shipment we can ping UPS or FEDEX and THEY pay to ship you a new one not us...) 9) if you have an e-gift certificate you can enter teh code here and that amount will be deducted form the final charge. You can also have the item gift wrapped if it is being sent to someone else as a gift. There is also a place to make comments. IF you are not ordering under your name or address, please note who you are here so that we can connect you with the order. (We had a couple instances of folks emailing us that they didn;t get their order, but the order was under a different name and email - we need your info so we can connect you to the order if there is a problem. 10) Press COMPLETE ORDER - YOu will now see an ORder nuber appear. WRITE IT DOWN PRINT IT OUT SAVE IT!!! Without it we will have a difficult time resolving any problems. You will receive an email confirmation listing the items purchased and the charge details. YOu have now actually bought something and will be charged. IF you picked "send check" we will not ship your order until we get your check (or Money order). THE CHARGE APPEARS ON YOU CREDIT CARD AS: VIRTUAL BUSINESS DESIGNS INC. We had several people charge back becasue they didn't realize THEM was US. I just ran this proceedure on a dummy set of data and it worked. If you are having trouble at any stage, let us know!

Post #: 18
- 8/23/2001 1:16:00 AM   
Major_Johnson

Hey Paul!
What is a distributorshit??
quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber:
We have found FedEx to be the best shipping option to Europe and I think its under 30$ including dutties tarrifs and taxes etc etc. We understand that paying as much for shipping as for the whole game is annoying, but finding a distributorshit for the few items we currently have is a problem. Vebber ]

M.J.!
We serve others best when at the same time we serve ourselves.

Post #: 19
- 8/23/2001 1:19:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

ROTFL...That is what is known as a Freudian slip [ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ]

Post #: 20
- 8/23/2001 1:41:00 AM   
Fabs

I have tried to order several items, TOTALLING us$ 817. Everything proceeds swimmingly until I press "process order" and I'm asked to choose a shipping option. Under that there are three different types of wrapping to choose from, but NO SHIPPING OPTIONS CAN BE FOUND ANYWHERE! Come on, guys, we want to give you our money, just make it easy.

Fabs

Post #: 21
- 8/23/2001 1:52:00 AM   
Charles2222

I don't think it's occurred to a lot of people that there is now a toll-free number to order at, too, which I would think people would prefer to ordering over the internet.

Post #: 22
- 8/23/2001 2:05:00 AM   
rich12545

I'm going over to order the new mc. I understand you will put the stereo sound files on the disk also. Is that correct?

Post #: 23
- 8/23/2001 3:10:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

On shipping options look and see if it tells you that the only option is FedEx for about $27 I believe that is the only option available to Europe. The Stereo sound files are on the Current Desert Fox CD and will be in the v7.0 Full download.

Post #: 24
- 8/23/2001 3:42:00 AM   
Rhuin

Paul
I am also getting bounced around in the order page. I have filled out all the info, but am not given an option for shipping. So I pressed complete your order, and get bounced back to review and complete your order. And it says to chose a shipping option, but does not give any options.
I do not want to chose ups as they charge another $21.00 for brokerage fee's. I really want to order the lost victories but untill I can chose the shipping method the store will not let me.
Thanks for your time and patience and all the hard work you guys have done on spwaw.

Post #: 25
- 8/23/2001 3:58:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

We are checking on it - it may well be a glitch in the country checking...

Post #: 26
- 8/23/2001 4:03:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

I checked for Canada and without entering city or mail code info it gave me FedEx $21.00 as the only option (including brokerage fees and duties) [ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ]

Post #: 27
- 8/23/2001 5:30:00 AM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

Ahem. I *think* that I have found the error -
All attempts to order it using my registration ended in
"Choose a shipping option"
without a shipping option that could be choosen. Using the CLICK HERE button to prevent registration led (after putting in the necessary information) to the textline "Choose a shipping option" with the Fed Express-Option. So, if you are sitting in Europe, don't use the registration and it should work. Kind regards,
Roland

Post #: 28
- 8/23/2001 6:53:00 AM   
David Heath

Hi You are correct this is annoying and we have corrected this. No more display boxes.
quote:

Originally posted by lnp4668:
Just ordered Lost Victories and coffee mug this morning and order seems to go through ok. The only annoying thing is the dialog box that says "this page contains both secure and non secure item do you want to display the non secure item?" keeps on popping up.

Post #: 29
- 8/23/2001 6:55:00 AM   
David Heath

The store can not update you on your order unless it can get back to you. Every stage of your order is emailed to you so you are kept in the loop.
quote:

Originally posted by mao:
I ordered A couple of comments, though. I hate to be one of the legions of complainers, but why do we have to register to buy something? everywhere I go it's register, register, register... $7.50 for UPS shipping?? Seems a bit high...

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> OK Folks - New stuff in the Store... Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI