Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Major changes in Army Group South?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Major changes in Army Group South? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Major changes in Army Group South? - 8/22/2001 10:01:00 PM   
00Dawg

Just wondering if there were any major changes made in the new MC.
i.e. changes in the save game feature (not just fixing the bugs)
something to give more of a familiar feeling to your core units

"You're never beaten until you admit it."-Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
Post #: 1
- 8/23/2001 2:39:00 AM   
Wild Bill

One of the things currently existing in MC system is that the core forces ("your" units) are always occupying the same spot in the game. For example, in MCNA, core forces are formations A-H. They are always A-H. Now in smaller scenarios, part of your core force may not be present, but the absent units are not replaced. That is, their formation slot is not filled in by other units. Knowing that (which I think is mentioned in the introductory text of the campaign, and I quote: "YOUR CORE FORCE "Your base or core force will appear to one degree or another in every confrontation. On occasion for the smaller battles the entire core force may not be used. "They are formations A through H. There may be more units in the battle, but your own personal force will follow you through the hard months of action in North Africa. You will have at your command the following units. "A Formation - HQ Unit
B Formation - A platoon of Mechanized Panzergrenadiers
C Formation - A Platoon of SdKfz 222 Armored Cars
D-G Formations - A company of MkIIIe Medium Panzers
H Formation - A Platoon of MkIVd tanks" With that information, you already know which ones are your core forces. If there is no formation E, then you know a platoon of MkIII tanks is not present for that battle. I hope this helps to focus on the core force.
Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to 00Dawg)
Post #: 2
- 8/23/2001 3:04:00 AM   
00Dawg

I got all that from the beginning of MCNA. I should have been more specific.
Something along the lines of a post-scenario review of your core forces. I realize you don't want to give us the opportunity to upgrade every scenario, but just seeing their experience improvement flash by at the end of a scenario is not enoug, and the headquarters screen is not designed to be informative from that point of view anyway. How about something informing us of why whole formations changed equipment, where our other units are (when we don't get to use them), and the use of some kind of name for every unit(nothing like a blank space for the name of a core unit).

"You're never beaten until you admit it."-Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

(in reply to 00Dawg)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Major changes in Army Group South? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI