Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Only for Euros: Let's buy the Mega Campaign "Lost Victories" together!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Only for Euros: Let's buy the Mega Campaign "Lost Victories" together! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Only for Euros: Let's buy the Mega Campaign "Lost ... - 8/23/2001 6:28:00 AM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

The CDs are now ordered. It is too late for addititional orders (sorry)
************************************************* Hi to all Europeans! (and to everyone else, but this post is only relevant for europeans) First of all:
- I am sitting in Germany, Europe. - The following offer is valid until August 25 (Saturday). I am going to order the Mega campaign "Lost Victories".
However, here in Europe the shipping costs are bigger than the campaign itself (if you order one CD).
Ordering several CDs leads to a slight increase in shipment costs (30.?? $ for 5 CDs, leading to shipment costs of ~6 $ per CD). Now I have a very simple idea:
If (for example) 5 other people would order this CD, I would place an order for 6 CDs resulting in ~ 120 $ for the CDs and ~32 $ for the shipment costs. This would lead to approx. 25.33 $ per CD. Once the CDs arrive, I would mail them to all others. This would lead to an additional cost of approx. 4 DM in Germany and approx. 7 DM for non-german locations in Europe. Once the CD arrives at the end user, the end user sends me the money (in german currency, please) to my adress. Therefore, I make the following offer:
Everyone sitting in Europe who wants to have the Mega Campaign "Lost Victories" sends me an EMail with his/her mail adress (the postal adress, not the EMail adress).
I will then send a small confirmation mail that I am going to order the campaign for that person.
On late saturday or early Sunday (On saturday, I have some business to do in Aachen and I don't know when I will return) I will place the order at matrixgames.
The risk of this operation lies on me, but I hope that everyone is honest enough to send me the money when the CD arrives.
THIS IS NOT AN OFFER FOR SOFTWARE PIRACY. I WILL ONLY FORWARD THE CDs. THE MONEY SAFED IS NOT SAFED FROM MATRIX, BUT FROM FEDEXPRESS, SO PLACING THIS BULK ORDER WILL NOT HURT MATRIX.
I WILL - IF REQUESTED BY MATRIX - FORWARD THE ADRESSES OF ALL END USERS TO MATRIX (AND NO ONE ELSE).
However, I am not a rich man, so I will only consider the first 15 people who send me such an EMail and I will only buy one CD for each person. I will not make any profit.
However, it might happen the the german custom authorities will make some profit (16 per cent).
There is one last problem:
It may happen that the Mega campaign Lost Victories is published before or on Sunday - in this case, the price per CD would rise from 19.99 to 34.99$.
So, if you are interested, please send me an EMail with your adress and tell me if you would still buy the CD if it is published before or on Sunday (therby paying 15 $ more). My EMail-adress is:
Roland.Rahn@cityweb.de I will post a reply on this thread once I get the 15 EMails. Kind regards,
Roland Hallo! Das folgende Angebot gilt bis Samstag, den 25. August abends.
Ich werde die Megacampaign "Lost Victories" bestellen.
Allerdings sind die Versandkosten der cd höher als die CD selber. Daher schalge ich vor, daß wir eine Sammelbestellung durchführen.
Wenn z.B. noch 5 weitere Personen die CD bestellen, dann führt dies zu knapp 32$ Versandkosten, also weniger als 6$/CD.
Sobald die CDs bei mir eintreffen, versende ich sie and Euch weiter (wird ca. 4 DM/CD kosten). Ihr müßtest mir dann (wenn die CDs bei Euch eintreffen) das Geld per Post schicken oder überweisen.
Daher mache ich folgendes Angebot:
Jeder, der eine Mega Campaign CD haben will, schickt mir bis Samstag (25.08.2001) eine EMail mit seiner Adresse. Ich werde sofort eine kurze Bestätigung mailen und dann Samstag abend/Sonntag morgen die Bestellung bei Matrix aufgeben (genauen Zeitpunkt kann ich noch nicht nennen, da ich am Samstag in Aachen zu tun habe und noch nicht weis, wann ich wieder zu hause sein werde). Das Risiko bei dieser Aktion liegt bei mir, aber ich hoffe, daß jede(r) so ehrlich sein wird, mir das Geld zuzuschicken (sobald die CD eintrifft). DIES IST KEIN ANGEBOT ZUR SOFTWAREPIRATERIE. ICH LEITE LEDIGLICH EINIGE CDs VON MATRIXGAMES WEITER. ICH WERDE - FALLS MATRIXGAMES MICH DAZU AUFFORDERT - DIE ADRESSEN DER CD-EMPÄNGER AN MATRIXGAMES WEITERLEITEN.
Allerdings bin ich nicht gerade reich, daher werde ich nur die ersten 15 EMails berücksichtigen und auch nur eine CD für jeden bestellen.
Ich werde bei dieser Aktion keinen Profit machen.
Allerdings könnte es passieren, daß der Deutsche Zoll 16 % Profit macht.
Und noch ein Problem:
Es könnte passieren, daß die Mega Campaign am Samstag/Sonntag veröffentlicht wird - dann würde der Preis pro CD von 19.99$ auf 34.99 $ steigen.
Also teilt mir bitte mit, ob Ihr auch bereit währt, die 34.99 $ (Plus Zoll und Versandkosten) zu zahlen.
Sobald ich 15 EMails erhalten habe, werde ich eine Antwort innerhald dieses Threads posten. Gruß
Roland [ August 25, 2001: Message edited by: RolandRahn ]

Post #: 1
- 8/23/2001 7:04:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

We appreciate your offer and we will post here a few days before we end the preorder pricing so you can order before the price changes.

(in reply to RolandRahn_MatrixForum)
Post #: 2
- 8/23/2001 7:11:00 AM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

Thanks. That makes it easier for me and the others. Roland

Post #: 3
- 8/23/2001 3:04:00 PM   
Tom Terror

Roland, I sent you a notice with my adress and stuff.
That's a great offer. Thanks. TomT

Post #: 4
- 8/23/2001 3:30:00 PM   
peter hellman

Sent you my info too, Roland. Great idea, thanks.

"If you want to live in peace, you have to prepare for war" - Adolf Ehrnrooth

Post #: 5
- 8/23/2001 3:33:00 PM   
Christopher

Sounds like this offer would perfectly fit my low budget. Thank you very much, I'll send you a mail.

Lewer duad üs Slav!

Post #: 6
- 8/23/2001 4:09:00 PM   
Tonto Dane

Email on the way. Bo

Post #: 7
- 8/23/2001 5:41:00 PM   
Christian Blex

Hi Roland,
another great offer from you ( thanks again for the sound files ) . With your offer, I can afford buying the new MC ! ! ! Going to sent you an e-mail this evening!

"Kotzen und kleckern!!!"

Post #: 8
- 8/24/2001 1:54:00 AM   
Tommi

Jawohl! Count me in, Roland. This is an excellent idea, thank you in advance. (E-mail's on its way)

11 is louder than 10.

Post #: 9
- 8/24/2001 3:03:00 AM   
nexus

thanx. i send you a mail,too. but in my case i would only pay the low price
thanx again.
frank

Greetings Frank

Post #: 10
- 8/24/2001 9:09:00 PM   
nicksinc

thanks sent my details

Nick

Post #: 11
- 8/24/2001 10:47:00 PM   
scimitar

Good for me too, Roland; I'm sending you a mail!
Mit freundliches grüssen!

Pour une dent toute la gueule!

Post #: 12
- 8/25/2001 12:14:00 PM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

Hi everybody. Also I have already received 15 EMails, I extend my offer:
The next 5 Emails (which had to arrive before midnight central european summer time, that is 10 pm GMT) will still be considered.
If you want to participate in this group order and if you have not emailed me so far, send me (Roland.Rahn@cityweb.de) an EMail with your postal adress as soon as possible.
One more point:
I have written a small confirmation Email to everybody who has declared that he wants to participate with this group order. If anyone has send me an Email and not received a confirmation Email from me, than something has gone wrong. In this case, I would urge you to send me a second Email.
However, I won’t be able to send any confirmation EMails today, so everybody who Emails me today will receive a confirmation Email tomorrow (If he/she is one of the first five people). I will post a message within this thread when I have ordered the CDs. Regards,
Roland

Post #: 13
- 8/26/2001 5:26:00 AM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

It's over now. I have received 20 EMails. I ordered 23 CDs "Lost Victories", the costs are
$ 459.77 for the CDs
$ 44.49 for the shipment
$ 504.26 Total That is something between $ 21.92 and $ 21.93 per CD! I will now wait to see what the credit card company actually charges from my bank account (in German Marks).
There are still some additional costs:
16 % custom taxes for the import into Germany
Something like DM 4.45 for the shipment costs to the End user I will make an additional post when I know the exact ammount that was charged from my bank account. However, it may still take weeks until "Lost Victories" is published, so please be patient... Regards,
Roland

Post #: 14
- 9/29/2001 11:46:00 PM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

Hi! First of all:
I don't know when MCLV will be published. I am waiting for it as you all do. I would like to give an update for everyone who participates with the group order: My bank account was charged with DM 1097.03
($ 504.26 = Euro 555.35 = DM 1086.17
The bank added 1 % because it was an international transaction, that's an additional DM 10.86) This would be a price of DM 47.69 per CD.
The German authorities will very likely add an additional 16 % customer taxes. The shipment costs from me to you will be an additional DM 4.45 (DM 3,- for the Stamps, DM 1.25 for the 5.25 inch protection case, an the envelope itself). The end price will be less than DM 60,-, but not much less (I expect DM 7.XX custom taxes, leading to an end price around DM 59,-). Should MCLV be published in 2002, the price per CD would be around 30 Euro. When the parcel matrixgames arrives, I will forward the CDs immediately and EMail my bank connection and my postal address to each of you, so that you can send me the money (*after* you received the CD). Kind regards, Roland

Post #: 15
- 10/1/2001 4:27:00 PM   
Tonto Dane

Great, now we just have to wait. Thanks again Roland for the superb offer. I believe that this has halved the price for me, here in denmark.

Post #: 16
- 10/2/2001 3:43:00 PM   
K G von Martinez

Thanks again for your kind work and the update.

Post #: 17
- 10/2/2001 11:38:00 PM   
nexus

quote:

Originally posted by kgvm:
Thanks again for your kind work and the update.
i agree. roland for president!!!

Greetings Frank

Post #: 18
- 10/4/2001 5:12:00 PM   
K G von Martinez

Nice idea, but hoping that the next vacant position as president will be in Afghanistan I doubt Roland is really interested [ October 04, 2001: Message edited by: kgvm ]

Post #: 19
- 12/12/2001 1:53:00 PM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

Hi! Since I was asked by some of you: Yes, the group order is going ahead. However, since they will be shipped on Dec. 28 (according to David Heath), I do not expect them to arrive before early January. http://www.matrixgames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=007695 I see the problem that some of you might want to order MC:Watchtower or other products from Matrix. In this case, this group order doesn't make sense for you - you could order MC:Watchtower and MC:Lost victories together directly from Matrix. In that case, participating with this group order will give you nothing except the loss of time (when the CDs arrive here on a workday, I won't be able to send them before the next day) and money (It might be cheaper to buy MC:Watchtower and MC:Lost Victories directly from Matrix - however, I'm not sure about this since it might happen that you would now have to pay $24.99 for the MCLV). So, I make a simple offer:
Everyone who wants to leave the group order might do so know.
In this case, please send me an EMail within the next 48 hours (until Friday noon, european summer time).
I will then (within 24 hours) EMail a short confirmation to you that I removed you from the list.
On Friday, I will publish how many people left the group order and try to find others who would join it (30 Euros per CD is still a very low price).
Don't hesitate to accept this offer, there have been many people who EMailed me *after* I ordered the CDs. Leaving the group order might help you to get the CD earlier and help someone else (who can't afford the high shipment costs) to get it at a low price. To prevent any misunderstands: The group order is going ahead, everyone who doesn't send me an EMail that he wants to quit will get his CD as soon as possible - but don't expect them to arrive before January. Kind regards and sorry for the delays,
Roland [ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: RolandRahn ]

Post #: 20
- 12/14/2001 12:09:00 AM   
scimitar

Roland, I MAINTAIN MY ORDER (thanks again!)and don't be sorry for the delays... No problem.

Post #: 21
- 12/31/2001 5:30:00 PM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

THE CDs ARE HERE!!!!!! I'm now scrambling to find a mailbox that is emptied today - details later.

Post #: 22
- 12/31/2001 6:12:00 PM   
scimitar

YEEEPEEEEE !!!!

Post #: 23
- 12/31/2001 7:58:00 PM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

All 20 CDs are now en route. The German authorities demanded DM 173.48 customer taxes. The complete costs are: Charged from my bank account:
DM 1097.03
($ 504.26 = Euro 555.35 = DM 1086.17
The bank added 1 % because it was an international transaction, that's an additional DM 10.86)
Customer taxes:
DM 173.48
That's DM 1270.51 for the 23 CDs, leading to (approximately) DM 55.24 per CD. The shipment costs consist of:
Stamp DM 3.00
5.25 inch protection case DM 1.25
Envelope: Something between DM 0.10 or DM 0.20
Total shipment costs: DM 4.35 That's DM 59.59 (or a little more than 30 Euro) per CD.
I suggest that (once the CD arrive) you send me DM 60,- or Euro 30,-. I will send an EMail with my postal address to each of you. All I need now for my luck IS A COUPLE OF BARGES, AN INTACT BRIDGE, A TRANPORTER BEAM OR SOME MI24 HELICOPTERS THAT CAN LIFT MY STURMGESCHÜTZE OVER THE SAN RIVER (GRUMBLE). Happy new year to all of you, Roland

Post #: 24
- 1/1/2002 5:05:00 AM   
Frank W.

don´t hurry in my case. playing "long road camp." but,great job anyway by you
AND matrix..... can i "überweisen" dir
das geld auch?? saver than snail mail,i think frank

Post #: 25
- 1/2/2002 1:38:00 AM   
Christopher

Happy new year, Roland and everybody else! Yay!!!!! Great to read this now! Makes the headache go away. Only thing left to do is to get 30 euros. Too bad I didn't buy all 3 starter-kits.... Many many many thanx Roland!!!

Lewer duad üs Slav!

Post #: 26
- 1/2/2002 4:43:00 AM   
Randy

I must say all you guys in Europe need to be commended on working together to buy the new MC disk! I think it is a great inspiration to the SP community and to the Matrix Team. Great work guys!

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

Post #: 27
- 1/4/2002 12:05:00 AM   
Christopher

30 Euros en route to Dortmund...

Lewer duad üs Slav!

Post #: 28
- 1/4/2002 2:41:00 AM   
Frank W.

quote:

Originally posted by Randy:
I must say all you guys in Europe need to be commended on working together to buy the new MC disk! I think it is a great inspiration to the SP community and to the Matrix Team. Great work guys!
yaeehh...we eurolanders are not that stupid as it seams

Post #: 29
- 1/4/2002 2:07:00 PM   
Randy

Frank, is that what you guys call yourselves now
(Eurolanders)?

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Only for Euros: Let's buy the Mega Campaign "Lost Victories" together! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI