Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A New Scenario by Fabio Mantegazza and New Small Arms Graphics at The ARMOR SIte!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A New Scenario by Fabio Mantegazza and New Small Arms Graphics at The ARMOR SIte! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A New Scenario by Fabio Mantegazza and New Small Arms G... - 8/26/2001 2:01:00 AM   
Fabio Prado

Hi, everybody! I have just posted a brand new scenario on the British assault on Cristot, Normandy - 1944, by Fabio Mantegazza. To get it, go to ARMOR Site's Special Scenarios Page!
Also, posted new small arms impact graphics by Garth Van Horne. To get them go to ARMOR Site's Downloads Page! Have Fun! Fab

Post #: 1
- 8/26/2001 9:14:00 PM   
Figmo

Thanks Fabio! I'm on my way now!! Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Fabio Prado)
Post #: 2
- 8/27/2001 3:13:00 AM   
Truckeye

i just noticed that this is in the SCEN011 slot. what scenario did i just erase?? any reason this wasnt in 2xx slot?? thanks its a FUN and TOUGH game!!

In the Last days its said the Lion will lay down with the Lamb. Even on that day, I would want to be the Lion. Ben Gurion

Post #: 3
- 8/27/2001 6:20:00 AM   
rich12545

Rule of thumb with SP. Every time you install a new scenario you need to check the slot and change as necessary. Every single time.

Post #: 4
- 8/27/2001 7:51:00 AM   
waynef

Could you please explain what this does? I cant find an explanation. Also, posted new small arms impact graphics by Garth Van Horne. To get them go to ARMOR Site's Downloads Page!

"At My Signal...Unleash Hell" Thanks, Wayne

Post #: 5
- 8/27/2001 8:50:00 PM   
Larry Holt

I got a direct email that the new small arms shp caused the user's computer to crash. Its not clear if this was computer or shp related. If anyone else see's this, please post with details. Thanks

Never take counsel of your fears.

Post #: 6
- 8/27/2001 10:07:00 PM   
dox44

i installed it and tried to play 3 games. I was
kicked out of SPWAW to the desktop each time. Computer was locked and had to re-boot. i reinstalled the old .shp and haven't had a
problem since. i wasn't having any problems
before installing the "new" .shp... anybody else have problems? casebier

Post #: 7
- 8/28/2001 2:54:00 AM   
Truckeye

if you dload a scen and its showing a slot you already have a game in, is it possible to change the slot you are sending it to? if so, how?

In the Last days its said the Lion will lay down with the Lamb. Even on that day, I would want to be the Lion. Ben Gurion

Post #: 8
- 8/28/2001 3:12:00 AM   
Larry Holt

quote:

Originally posted by Truckeye:
if you dload a scen and its showing a slot you already have a game in, is it possible to change the slot you are sending it to? if so, how?

The slot is dictated by the scenario's name. When you download it, just put it in some temp directory, rename it to an open slot then move it into the SPWAW/scen directory.

Never take counsel of your fears.

Post #: 9
- 8/28/2001 3:23:00 AM   
SAMWolf

quote:

Originally posted by Larry Holt:
I got a direct email that the new small arms shp caused the user's computer to crash. Its not clear if this was computer or shp related. If anyone else see's this, please post with details. Thanks
I had this happen twice with the new .shp. Playing Mega campaign.
Both times it occurred when I selected the same Italian M13/40 to direct fire at a Command Post bunker.
The game just dropped back to desktop the first time, the second time, the machine rebooted.

Post #: 10
- 8/28/2001 8:26:00 AM   
G Van Horne

... sorry, guys. I hope that it didn't cause a lot of problems. I have been running icon0015 with the changes for about two and a half weeks now with out any problems so I thot it would be ok to pass it on. I made it with v 6.1
again... I'm very sorry !
Did it work for anyone ?
Garth

What's the weight of a pull-thru?

Post #: 11
- 8/28/2001 8:47:00 AM   
SAMWolf

quote:

Originally posted by G Van Horne:
... sorry, guys. I hope that it didn't cause a lot of problems. I have been running icon0015 with the changes for about two and a half weeks now with out any problems so I thot it would be ok to pass it on. I made it with v 6.1
again... I'm very sorry !
Did it work for anyone ?
Garth

Don't worry about. I take these "as is". I haven't had any problem since that one turn. I am also testing version 7 beta, so I didn't think anything of it at the time.

Post #: 12
- 8/28/2001 1:26:00 PM   
Marder_MatrixForum

Hello! I´m one of the unlucky boys: I was kicked out of SPWAW to the desktop each time, after installed the new shp-file! But the problem is i didn´t make a backup! Can somebody please send me the original file! Thanks Marder

"klotzen nicht kleckern"
(H.Guderian)

Post #: 13
- 8/28/2001 5:25:00 PM   
Fenrir

Hi Marder! I have just sent the original file to you. -------------------------------------------------- To G van Horne: I have been running the new file for the past few days and have experienced no problems.
Folkert [ August 28, 2001: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Post #: 14
- 8/28/2001 9:26:00 PM   
RockinHarry

I also have NO problems so far with the new icon15.shp file. Only thing I noticed is the animation is played a little bit off-centered in the target hex and there seem to be an animation frame missing in the shapefile itself (No 62 I think..), although it doesn´t seem to influence the animation itself. Nevertheless,..I reinstalled the original icon15.shp as security measure....just in case.
Note: Actually I like the new animation sequence, it seems to be more noticeable. BTW: Fabio Montegazza´s "Christot" scenario is worth a try, guys. It´s a challenging and tough battle for the Brits in bocage country! __________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

Post #: 15
- 8/28/2001 9:43:00 PM   
SAMWolf

quote:

Originally posted by Marder:
Hello! I´m one of the unlucky boys: I was kicked out of SPWAW to the desktop each time, after installed the new shp-file! But the problem is i didn´t make a backup! Can somebody please send me the original file! Thanks Marder
I also forgot to make a backup of the original file.
Would someone be so kind as to e-mail me a copy, just in case I do run into problems. TIA

Post #: 16
- 8/28/2001 9:56:00 PM   
Truckeye

does anyone know what scen was in slot 011? is it good one worth trying to get again?

Post #: 17
- 8/29/2001 12:15:00 AM   
Fenrir

To SAMWolf: Check your email! -------------------------------------------------- To Truckeye: This is the description of Scenario #11 (Unfortunately I never played it ) GOTANDA'S ADVANCE Japan Advance vs Australia
Malaya, January 18, 1942
Turns:14
Design: Stuart Millis Bouyed by recent victories, the 25th Army advanced quickly southwards along the Malayan peninsula towards Singapore. British rearguard actions sought to stop the advance but with less conviction each time.
On the approach to the important provincial capital city of Kuala Lumpur yet another rearguard defence was set up, this time by an Australian Battalion backed up by anti-tank guns.
The company of ten tanks commanded by Captain Gotanda lead the advance in true Samurai spirit.
The Austalians destroyed Gotanda's command but failed to stop the inexorable Japanese advance. Johore fell in a few days. Singapore fell less than one month later, thus ending this campaign. If you want the files, holler!
Folkert

Post #: 18
- 8/29/2001 2:19:00 AM   
Truckeye

thanks, i think i played that one. it was pretty good, but i think i will live without it

Post #: 19
- 8/29/2001 2:52:00 AM   
Fabs

To ensure that your scen files are not ovewritten, always use Scenario Manager. You unzip your new scenario in the Unzipped directory, open Scenario Manager and set the Unzipped directory as the origin. Set your normal SPWAW\Scen directory as the target and use the "move scenario" function to move it into the nearest empty slot, or any other slots you may care to use, according to how you like to organize your scenarios. You can obtain the latest version of Scenario Manager from the SPWAW Downloads page for free. [ August 28, 2001: Message edited by: Fabs ]

Fabs

Post #: 20
- 8/30/2001 6:08:00 AM   
Fabio Prado

Sorry for the delay, folks!
Working life interfering with gaming life... Well, I posted a zip file with the original Icon0015.shp file, just in case anybody else get in trouble with the Small Arms New Graphics. Fab

Post #: 21
- 8/30/2001 6:39:00 AM   
Grumble

FWIW, Seems to be working for me. No problems (he says as he curses himself...).

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

Post #: 22
- 8/30/2001 2:19:00 PM   
Marder_MatrixForum

Thanks Fenrir, i got it! Marder

"klotzen nicht kleckern"
(H.Guderian)

Post #: 23
- 9/1/2001 2:04:00 PM   
Dean Robb

New 15.shp file dropped me, too. Running v6.1 in 800x600 - the success some folks have had might be related to the resolution they're running in.

Job Security: Being a Micro$oft lawyer...

Post #: 24
- 9/2/2001 5:53:00 AM   
Dan Greaves

I downloaded the small arms graphics and placed it in the shape file and from then on the game kept crashing. When I put the old shape file back it was fine,but I'm going to try again.

Post #: 25
- 9/3/2001 9:04:00 AM   
Dan Greaves

I tried the smallarms graphics again, I used the castle hill-44 senario and it worked fine, then I tried the bushmasters senario and it crashed. I tried it several times and then it hung. I find it strange that it works in one senario and not another. I run it on a P3-450 256m with a voodoo3, I have V7.5b with I think 5.3 oobs.

Post #: 26
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A New Scenario by Fabio Mantegazza and New Small Arms Graphics at The ARMOR SIte! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI