Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Player 1 installation corrupt??????

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Player 1 installation corrupt?????? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Player 1 installation corrupt?????? - 8/26/2001 4:54:00 PM   
ZinZan

I get this message every time I play a pbem turn. Any ideas why. I have had the problem ever since ver 6.1 came out. the game seems to play ok otherwise and my opponents don't report any problems or error messages. Some additional info.
1) Just wiped SPWaW and completely reinstalled from scratch. Install route was
a) Install ver 5.3 from Megacampaign disk.
b) Upgrade to ver 6.0 using upgrade patch downloaded from Matrix site.
c) Upgrade to 6.1 using upgrade patch from Matrix site.
d) Upgrade sounds using snd upgrade from Matrix site.
No errors reported at any time.
2) Restarted PC between each upgrade.
3) Deleted pref file several times.
4) No errors reported on any other games (Campaigns, scenarios, megacampaign)
5) WinMe on AMD550, with 128MBRAM, Voodoo 3, SB 16PCI, etc.
6) Same problem vs 10 different opponents playing many different sides and theatres.
7) OOB Folder only has txt docs in it.
8) OOB's in main SPWaW folder 9,15,16,19,20,29,70-91, all dated as created 9 May 2001 and modified 22 June 2001
9) I have not used the default installation directory for SPWaW but used C:/Games/SPWaW Anyone got any ideas??

ZinZan <br/> Peace is an extension of war by political means. Plenty of elbow room is pleasanter - and much safer. <br/> Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love by Robert Heinlein.
Post #: 1
- 8/26/2001 10:24:00 PM   
Oberbefehlshaber

This has happened to me on several occasions.....Typically this occurs when you reinstall a game to a different drive or folder structure or upgrade to a new version of the game while playing existing pbem games. This is designed to alert your opponent that the turn has been played in something other than the original location. There is a "cheat" possibility attached to this scenario thus the message as a "warning".

(in reply to ZinZan)
Post #: 2
- 8/26/2001 10:55:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Everytime you reinstall the game or upgrade and try to continue on an existing game it tells you that because a hacker could use such chicanery to cheat. I lets you know that something about the game install was changed between the time you started the game and the current turn. New games you start form the new install won't show that unless you change something about the game file structure, like overwrite the OOBs, or move or reinstall the game, or play on a different computer, after you start the game.

(in reply to ZinZan)
Post #: 3
- 8/26/2001 11:07:00 PM   
bchapman

Paul,
I have recieved a similar message while playing a PBEM game. After my opponent and I chose our units, a third party set the units on the map for us. When I started my 1st turn I got a "Security violation!!! Player 1 OOB file corrupt!!" message. No conficts that I could see, and my opponent didn't notice anything being wrong either.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford

(in reply to ZinZan)
Post #: 4
- 8/26/2001 11:10:00 PM   
bchapman

I forgot. I hadn't done any re-installs or changed OOB's or upgraded during the game. I had version 6.1 installed before our game started and had played a couple of other games before this without any problems.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford

(in reply to ZinZan)
Post #: 5
- 8/26/2001 11:27:00 PM   
ZinZan

Ahhhhh OK that has solved it for me, I was becoming concerned that maybe my Upgrade hadn't worked properly or maybe my oob's were incorrect somehow, many thans Paul. P.Vebber said :-
Everytime you reinstall the game or upgrade and try to continue on an existing game it tells you that because a hacker could use such chicanery to cheat. I lets you know that something about the game install was changed between the time you started the game and the current turn. New games you start form the new install won't show that unless you change something about the game file structure, like overwrite the OOBs, or move or reinstall the game, or play on a different computer, after you start the game. thanks also to Joss.

ZinZan <br/> Peace is an extension of war by political means. Plenty of elbow room is pleasanter - and much safer. <br/> Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love by Robert Heinlein.

(in reply to ZinZan)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Player 1 installation corrupt?????? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI