Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The version # still says v2.20 after update to 2.30

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> The version # still says v2.20 after update to 2.30 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The version # still says v2.20 after update to 2.30 - 2/9/2004 3:18:57 AM   
ViperMaul

Problem: The version # still says v2.20

I have read these threads as much as I could.
My CD is working fine.

However, since my True Update says I have the latest.
I decided to download the 2.30 patch from the website.
I run the patch.
Start the game.
The version # still says v2.20

Is this expected?
Is there a way to verify I actually have v2.30?
Post #: 1
RE: The version # still says v2.20 after update to 2.30 - 2/11/2004 2:13:53 AM   
ViperMaul

Wow - almost two days and no response?
I know this is a very popular game.
Can anyone at least say that they have v2.30 and it says v2.30 on their screen when they run the game?

(in reply to ViperMaul)
Post #: 2
RE: The version # still says v2.20 after update to 2.30 - 2/11/2004 12:35:07 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: ViperMaul

Wow - almost two days and no response?
I know this is a very popular game.
Can anyone at least say that they have v2.30 and it says v2.30 on their screen when they run the game?

The v2.30 says v2.30 on screen.

Can you try dinstalling and then doing it all again (preferebaly without on-line update)?

BTW, what version CD you have?

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to ViperMaul)
Post #: 3
RE: The version # still says v2.20 after update to 2.30 - 2/12/2004 11:32:56 PM   
ViperMaul

Apollo11,

Thanks so much!! For your feedback.
Your reply gave me direction which allowed me to fix the problem.

My error was that I originally installed the game last year in my "programs files" directory where I want all my programs installed. The problem was this was not the games default directory for installation nor was it the patches default directory.
I had forgot this fact when I did a manual patch. By re-running the patch and making sure I select the correct non-default directory the my game got patched correctly.

My feedback to Matrix Games is why does the True Patch update no longer work? The only reason why I did a manual patch is because My friend alerted me that there was a 2.30 patch. The automated True patch used to work all the time.

-ViperMaul

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 4
RE: The version # still says v2.20 after update to 2.30 - 2/13/2004 1:40:39 PM   
Apollo11

HI all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: ViperMaul
Thanks so much!! For your feedback.
Your reply gave me direction which allowed me to fix the problem.

My error was that I originally installed the game last year in my "programs files" directory where I want all my programs installed. The problem was this was not the games default directory for installation nor was it the patches default directory.
I had forgot this fact when I did a manual patch. By re-running the patch and making sure I select the correct non-default directory the my game got patched correctly.

I am glad that I was able to help you...

quote:

My feedback to Matrix Games is why does the True Patch update no longer work? The only reason why I did a manual patch is because My friend alerted me that there was a 2.30 patch. The automated True patch used to work all the time.

No idea... I never used it (I always, for every program I have, prefer manual way)...

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to ViperMaul)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> The version # still says v2.20 after update to 2.30 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI