Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

KP Will Not Run (Access Violation?)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> KP Will Not Run (Access Violation?) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
KP Will Not Run (Access Violation?) - 2/12/2004 11:45:39 PM   
OAKside24

"Error: Access violation at 0x00b02863 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFFF), program terminated." I get this error when I try to start KP thru the shortcut or Korsun Pocket Menu. Really the ONLY thing that works are the editor and Quick Load mode. Even the True Update will not work. I have a 465 mhz Celeron with 190mb mem. Please help me. THANKS to anyone...

.tom..
Post #: 1
RE: KP Will Not Run (Access Violation?) - 2/13/2004 12:12:08 AM   
alexs

Oakside - which operating system are you using? Also, if you could either email me or attach a copy of your dxdiag report here on this forum, it would help diagnose your problem. There is a sticky at the top of this forum with instructions on how to create a dxdiag report.

Alex

(in reply to OAKside24)
Post #: 2
REply - 2/13/2004 5:29:00 AM   
OAKside24

THANKS. I emailed the report to you 9:27pm (cst) 02-12-04. Could it be the Alcohol Software (burner) that creates a physical drive? I just remembered...

.tom..

(in reply to alexs)
Post #: 3
RE: REply - 2/13/2004 6:35:13 AM   
alexs

Tom,
That sounds very likely to be causing the problem. Try removing the physical drive, and then insert the original CD you bought and see if that works.

(in reply to OAKside24)
Post #: 4
RE: new info - 2/13/2004 11:43:45 PM   
OAKside24

It did NOT work. I thought it would.I even installed the latest patches and the copy protection fix. NADA. Here's a little more info: the MAIN file to start KP-"START.EXE"- is the messed up file. Just a note: Also, when I un/reinstall KP, the "menu1" file will not delete, says it's in use. So, again, the whole ERROR is

start dialog box
----------
START.EXE
-----
Error: Access violation at 0x00B02863 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFFF), program terminated.
----------
end dialog box

THANKS to ANY helper

.tom..

(in reply to alexs)
Post #: 5
RE: new info - 2/14/2004 1:06:32 AM   
alexs

Hi Oakside,

I have the following suggestions for you in order of likeliness of solving your problem.

1. Make sure you have restarted your computer (I am asssuming you have tried this already).
2. The Start.exe file handles the menu for korsun pocket. Try using the "Korsun Pocket Quick Start" option through your start menu. Also try navigating to your install folder, then to \Matrix Games\Korsun Pocket\ and double click the Korsun.exe to start it manually to see if this works.
3. It appears there is a (slightly) updated video driver for your graphics controller available from intel. Try downloading and installing it.
4. The monitor you are using is listed only as "Samsung". If it is not an lcd monitor, try updating the drivers for it (the model number should be located somewhere on the monitor itself, then head down to the samsung site to download the driver).
5. Make sure you are up to date with your windows updates (via start->windows update)

Let me know how you go with these suggestions

AlexS

(in reply to OAKside24)
Post #: 6
RE: new info - 2/14/2004 3:07:26 AM   
OAKside24

I just downloaded the Intel Graphics driver. I do not update Windows regularly, only the virus patches not the OS downloads as I have a 56k dialup...it would take days - literally. (I'm gettin a new/improved WinXP CPU in June) The quick start works, but the Start.exe or just inserting the CD does not work. Also, the True Update says "Insufficient memory." What the heel? THANKS for the replies, though nothing has been fixed yet...

.tom..

(in reply to alexs)
Post #: 7
RE: new info - 2/14/2004 3:32:13 AM   
Marc von Martial

Hi OAKside,

can you please drop me an DirectX dialog file? Or maybe Alex can forward it to me, seems he has one. I would like to check a few things.

How much of free Hd space do you have on the partion of your OS and the partion KP is located on?

(in reply to OAKside24)
Post #: 8
RE: new info - 2/14/2004 3:45:46 AM   
OAKside24

I'm reporting abuse. Nobody ever helps.
-Tom

Korsun Pocket is great. Buy it today.

< Message edited by OAKside24 -- 2/20/2004 4:14:12 PM >

.tom..

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> KP Will Not Run (Access Violation?) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI