Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Minenram PZIII Help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Minenram PZIII Help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Minenram PZIII Help - 8/28/2001 9:38:00 AM   
Dan Greaves

I've tried to use the minenram in the Stalingrad senario but it seems to roll over mines missing them, only for the next unit to get blown up. What am I doing wrong?

Post #: 1
- 8/28/2001 9:44:00 AM   
Kluckenbill

Mine clearing vehicles work the same as engineers:
First you have to find the mine field.
Next you have to spend a few turns stationary in the hex to clear all the mines.
When the mine field no longer shows in the hex, its cleared.
I've found that the mine clearing vehicles are little if any quicker than a squad of engineers, they are, however, harder to disrupt with defensive artillery.

Target, Cease Fire !

(in reply to Dan Greaves)
Post #: 2
- 8/28/2001 9:48:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Dan Death:
I've tried to use the minenram in the Stalingrad senario but it seems to roll over mines missing them, only for the next unit to get blown up. What am I doing wrong?
If I remember when I tested mineclearing tanks, they will remove 0-3 mines per turn. A hex can have as many as 50 mines in it. It can easily take upwards of 25 turns to empty a hex of mines. A faster way to clear mines is to direct fire against the hex, with any weapon 20mm or larger. If the minenram finds mines (the skull shows up) you have to stay there to clear the mines (until the skull goes away) or another unit will get banged. The only advantage the minenram has, is that it can sit in front of enemy small arms and still clear mines, where a engineer or other infantry unit would get shot to pieces.
thanks, John.

Post #: 3
- 8/28/2001 12:31:00 PM   
skukko

Dan Death: Do you have a patch for Stalingrad Camp? In battle two (might be somewhere else also) there were Minenram III Pz that showed up as a blue Tiger and it didn't have engineering capability, - before the patch which will correct this. But keep the unit heading to minefield and waite, that is how it works. mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

Post #: 4
- 8/28/2001 10:18:00 PM   
Truckeye

will multiple units in the same hex clear mines faster?

In the Last days its said the Lion will lay down with the Lamb. Even on that day, I would want to be the Lion. Ben Gurion

Post #: 5
- 8/28/2001 10:31:00 PM   
Kluckenbill

quote:

Originally posted by Truckeye:
will multiple units in the same hex clear mines faster?
Yes ! I try to stack my Engineers 3 or 4 to a hex and clear a narrow lane through the mine field. Also regular infantry, scouts, SMG's, Rangers etc. can clear mines, but they aren't very good at it. Also its important to put the engineers IN the hex with the mines. They will remove mines from the hex they are facing, but its much slower than if they are in the same hex.

Target, Cease Fire !

Post #: 6
- 8/29/2001 2:42:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Kluckenbill:
Also its important to put the engineers IN the hex with the mines. They will remove mines from the hex they are facing, but its much slower than if they are in the same hex.
Are you sure on this, I thought when I tested, they cleared 0 to 5 mines per turn, from their hex or the hex in front, if they don't have any in their hex.
thanks, John.

Post #: 7
- 8/29/2001 10:44:00 PM   
Kluckenbill

quote:

Originally posted by john g:
Are you sure on this, I thought when I tested, they cleared 0 to 5 mines per turn, from their hex or the hex in front, if they don't have any in their hex.
thanks, John.

Well, I'm not completely sure, so I'll try a test when I have time.

Target, Cease Fire !

Post #: 8
- 8/30/2001 2:14:00 AM   
Dan Greaves

I should have said that it was the Stalingrad campaign, I'll get the patch.

Post #: 9
- 8/30/2001 6:18:00 AM   
Kluckenbill

I just did a quick test and it looks like john g was right.
I set up hexes with 50 mines (Russian defending 1944) and advanced 3 stacks of 4 German Engineers (full squads of 10 men). In 3 turns with the Engineers adjacent to the three mine hexes they removed 120 mines. In 3 turns with the Engineers in the mine hexes they removed 114 mines. Perhaps its not a lengthy enough test to be totally conclusive, but it sure looks like the same hex or an adjacent hex have the same effectiveness. So I was wrong.

Target, Cease Fire !

Post #: 10
- 8/30/2001 9:40:00 AM   
Kluckenbill

I did one more quick test and found that if there are mines in the hex that the engineers occupy, they will only clear mines in that hex, they will not clear both teir own hex and the one in front of them. So I guess it really doesn't matter whether you are in a hex or adjacent to it. Next I'll test some of the mine clearing vehicles and see if they are any faster than the engineers.

Target, Cease Fire !

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Minenram PZIII Help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI