Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Attacking Tigers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Attacking Tigers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Attacking Tigers - 9/22/2003 4:13:04 AM   
TigerOfChaos

Hello everyone,

I've been playing SP:WaW for some time now, as Germany naturally. Battles with the date set so that I can purchase a lot of Konigstigers and Panthers. With maximum battle points set; infinite ammo, but no historic ratings.

My question is, is there any way that such a force can be defeated? The battles are rather one-sided, as no matter what forces the US Army or the Soviets bring, the cats can rip through them without much difficulty. In fact, Infantry gets more kills than their tanks do. Battles are meeting engagements, should give both of us equal purchase points, right?

My question is, how would I go about defeating such a force of German super-tanks?

(I'm slightly wimpy regarding the infinite ammo, as it does help get a lot of artillery strikes in...)
Post #: 1
- 9/22/2003 5:12:25 AM   
AngryDeemon1

Play against a human opponent. I would gladly Anihilate such an offbalanced force:) Vs. the AI - nothing ai is stupid.

(in reply to TigerOfChaos)
Post #: 2
- 9/30/2003 10:08:12 PM   
o4r

[QUOTE=TigerOfChaos]Hello everyone,

I've been playing SP:WaW for some time now, as Germany naturally. Battles with the date set so that I can purchase a lot of Konigstigers and Panthers. With maximum battle points set; infinite ammo, but no historic ratings.

My question is, is there any way that such a force can be defeated? The battles are rather one-sided, as no matter what forces the US Army or the Soviets bring, the cats can rip through them without much difficulty. In fact, Infantry gets more kills than their tanks do. Battles are meeting engagements, should give both of us equal purchase points, right?

My question is, how would I go about defeating such a force of German super-tanks?

(I'm slightly wimpy regarding the infinite ammo, as it does help get a lot of artillery strikes in...)[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about AI (All Idiot) or are you talking about human....

Try us with your all cats.... on line :)

Post #: 3
- 11/13/2003 7:25:33 AM   
Wolfleader

Sherman Jumbos and VC firefly's are quite good cat killers. One thing about allied armour is that they may not be as heavily armoured as German tanks are but they are much faster and more nimble, my advice would be to put maneuverability to full use and keep your tanks on the move and always dodge in and out of cover (behind hills, forests, etc...) in an attempt to quickly flank the german tanks and hit them from the sides and rear.

Post #: 4
RE: Attacking Tigers - 2/13/2004 5:59:20 PM   
o4r

quote:

ORIGINAL: TigerOfChaos

Hello everyone,

(I'm slightly wimpy regarding the infinite ammo, as it does help get a lot of artillery strikes in...)

The spear is always greater than the shield.

The advantages of German gun are its powerful high velocity gun and superb targeting system.

Remember any Russian T-34, American Sherman is able to tackle the Tiger within the hex of about 5 to 10 hexes.

The problem is how to close in. Ha.... that where the smoke comes in.

Any tank can disable or even destroyed a Tiger within at least 5 hexes.

Once range is close to 5 hexes, all gun is a killer and all tanks targeting is about equal. Nobody get 100 percent accuracy, max is 99.

once u knew about those cat coming, try to fight close quarters. smoke those hills to prevent those cat from firing long range with that position and force it to forward or reserve from fravorite position by artillery. 50 mm mortar is good at suppression too. such suppression can caused those cat to reduce accuracy to a certain degree.

Post #: 5
RE: Attacking Tigers - 2/15/2004 9:20:25 AM   
Mathurin

Well i use two tactics in order to kill tigers. While playing with US i create smokescreen, get my infantry close so they can assault them and more importantly keep my shermans away from tigers line of sight. With Soviets, i run until i reach the Urals and then run some more.

Post #: 6
RE: Attacking Tigers - 2/23/2004 6:37:43 AM   
o4r

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mathurin

Well i use two tactics in order to kill tigers. While playing with US i create smokescreen, get my infantry close so they can assault them and more importantly keep my shermans away from tigers line of sight. With Soviets, i run until i reach the Urals and then run some more.

By keeping ur sherman out of sight and refuse direct confrontation is a high risk. In the event if enemy decide to use mortar on that area, ur infantry maybe badly suppress and no close tank support.

It is better to have ur tanks and infantry plus support like mortar up front to face the tiger. Relying singly on the infantry is a high risk chances that the tiger may overrun them and create a breakthrough.

Playing soviet, I love their combination of T-34 and any 152mm close assualt tanks. Use 152 assualt tank for the indirect shot on the Tiger which cause it to have enmourous suppression then move the T-34 close in for easy shot. Infantry getting a free ride near and engage in close range hand to hand combat.

(in reply to Mathurin)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Attacking Tigers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI