Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scrambled Tutorials

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Scrambled Tutorials Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scrambled Tutorials - 2/19/2004 2:21:13 AM   
oddible

Zoiks! Very excited to get into this game but ran headlong into a horrible mismatch between the written manual and the tutorials installed with the game. It says a unit is at (12,11) and its actually at (17,10). Or, it tells me to move a unit to a specific place and the unit doesn't have OP to reach that location! Worse, after about tutorial 5 and things I do in the early part of the tutorial affect later parts, they are becoming unplayable which means that I'm forced to read without actually playing since the events and units don't line up. What's going on here??? Am I missing something? Help!

Since the tutoral is how folks are able to get into the game at all I would have figured there would be an imperative to at least make the tutorial accessible (and relatively error free - especially when tasks instructed in the written manual are impossible in the tutorial save). But these tutorial are ALL absurdly erroneous - I mean not just a little, like this was never QAed. Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Scrambled Tutorials - 2/19/2004 4:40:12 AM   
Gregor_SSG

Yours is the first complaint I have seen about the Tutorials. I certainly played through every one most carefully, so I can tell you that there was definitely a proper approach to QA.

Please use the email feature in my profile to send me more detail on the problem, and I'll try and work out what's happening.

Gregor

Vice President, Strategic Studies Group
See http://www.ssg.com.au and http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/
for info and free scenarios.

(in reply to oddible)
Post #: 2
RE: Scrambled Tutorials - 2/19/2004 5:41:45 AM   
oddible

Thanks for the quick reply Gregor, this is most embarrassing.

Last night, perhaps it was too late in the evening, I tried over and over and could not get things to line up. Today, everything seems to be in order. Units are where they are expected, OP is correct to get units where they're supposed to go...

I think my trouble was that I was looking at the chapter number and not the lesson number:

3. Lesson 2
4. Lesson 3
etc.

All the paragraph indicators say:

so I just made sure I loaded Tutorial 4 and proceeded to read Lesson 3. Either that or in my buffoonery I was hitting Resume instead of LoadIt.

Ugh, sorry 'bout that. Thanks again.

< Message edited by oddible -- 2/19/2004 4:11:17 AM >

(in reply to Gregor_SSG)
Post #: 3
RE: Scrambled Tutorials - 2/20/2004 3:19:22 AM   
Gregor_SSG

No problem. Thanks for owning up and telling me about it, rather than leaving me guessing, it's appreciated.

Gregor

Vice President, Strategic Studies Group
See http://www.ssg.com.au and http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/
for info and free scenarios.

(in reply to oddible)
Post #: 4
RE: Scrambled Tutorials - 2/21/2004 2:21:49 AM   
BrubakerII

Oddible you gotta admire somebody who can admit to their errors. Glad it all worked out.

SSG Beta Tester

(in reply to Gregor_SSG)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Scrambled Tutorials Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI