Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A Question In Respect Of The Mega Campaigns

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A Question In Respect Of The Mega Campaigns Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Question In Respect Of The Mega Campaigns - 9/2/2001 11:16:00 PM   
MARTIN HALL

I have not bought Desert Fox at this time but am considering doing so at some stage along with Lost Victories. Before I do, though, I have two very important questions: 1) Reference was made on an earlier thread to having to remove the free version of the game and install v5.3 (which you then patch) from The Desert Fox disc in order to play The Mega Campaign. This is all well and good but will the same format apply for Lost Victories (?) as logic would dicate that if this is the case that to switch from one mega campaign to the other a full uninstall and Reinstall from the other cd will be required which, of course, will not be much good. Please clarify. 2) The second question comes in two parts:
a) With the release of V7.0 I take it that The Desert Fox MC will still be compatable
b) Will there be a updated second release of The Desert Fox bought up to the new standard with the bugs fixed(I think everybody would like to know this one)? Have a nice Labor Day. Martin, UK

Post #: 1
- 9/3/2001 12:28:00 AM   
Supervisor

As with many of the major updates it's always recommended that the game is installed fresh (preferred) or overwrite your previous game. There is always a warning on the playability of old saved games that might not be compatible with the newest version.
Reasoning is that with major updates many things change within the game that will undoubtably prove to be a problem with previous versions, updated OOB's, new icons, updated scenarios and campaigns, the code that performs the save game features and most importantly the new game engine itself.
To answer you question about Desert Fox it is and will be completely compatible with the upsoming newest version of SPWAW, in fact we have been using the Desert Fox Mega to fine tune and squash bugs within the old SPWAW engine ver 6.1 and with the release of SPWAW ver 7.x very soon, ironing out bugs and issues discovered or causing heartache to gamers while playing MC Desert Fox has been given top priority. You'll be able to choose any MC when multiple ones are installed just like choosing normal campaigns. Most updates are to the main SPWAW game itself and if they make any MC updates to Desert Fox they will also be included within the newest release. I hope this help answer your concerns. [ September 02, 2001: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

(in reply to MARTIN HALL)
Post #: 2
- 9/3/2001 12:57:00 AM   
skukko

Lost Victories will have newest release of Spwaw, propably just this 7th. And yes; its been tested in 7th release... mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

Post #: 3
- 9/4/2001 8:38:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Hello Martin, I just wanted to point out that most of the "bugs" with MC are not bugs in Desert Fox per se. The biggest problems that affect MCNA (North Africa) are in the Mech Exe file. The campaign in itaelf is fine. But the main exe file that makes the campaign run has problems. Therefore sending out a revised Mega Campaign North Africa is not really necessary. Removing the bugs in the mech.exe file will mean that the version of Mega Campaign out there right now will work fine. When it was tested by the MCNA group, these bugs were not found. They have appeared since then in later versions of the mech.exe file. Resolving those problems will automatically resolve any mega campaign problems. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 4
- 9/4/2001 8:45:00 PM   
Larry Holt

Hmmm, this does bring to mind a question about installing multiple MCs. I have MCNA. When I get Lost Victories, & I install it and ver 7. can I just install MCNA somehow from the CD without the "game" itself? Matrix please think about this and include clear instructions as to how to do this. Thanks for the best game around!

Never take counsel of your fears.

Post #: 5
- 9/5/2001 3:00:00 AM   
BlitzSS

One of my worries was when I got MCNA was that it was going to downgrade my ver6.1 to 5.x. however after I installed it the version still showed 6.1. so I didn't have to patch it back up. Is this how everyone else did it?

"Nuts"

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A Question In Respect Of The Mega Campaigns Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI