Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SPWaW v7.0 and Lost Victories MC

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW v7.0 and Lost Victories MC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SPWaW v7.0 and Lost Victories MC - 9/3/2001 3:19:00 AM   
Tommi

Will the upcoming Lost Victories MC contain SPWaW version 7.0 on the same CD-ROM? I hope it does as the downloads for me are a pain as I have a 56k phone modem. I suppose the SPWaW v7.0 will have the v7.0 OOB as well, or?

11 is louder than 10.
Post #: 1
- 9/3/2001 3:23:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Yes. We hope to have ver 7 available in a few days, and the the Lost Victories Disk will go gold and head off to be produced. barring any problems in should start shipping in a bout 2 weeks. THough as always, last minute issues seem to always come up. We will keep you informed.

(in reply to Tommi)
Post #: 2
- 9/3/2001 3:34:00 AM   
Supervisor

Paul, they'll have to be installed as one like MC Desert Fox to ensure forward and backward compatibilty with both MC's correct? I know this question is going to come when it's released so I figure I'd save people the trouble. If so if we want to install fresh with The Lost Victories what is the easiest way to import Desert Fox without going backwards in SPWAW versions

(in reply to Tommi)
Post #: 3
- 9/3/2001 8:48:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

I don't know the specifics of the install routines, but I expect that there will be a "complete game" option installs the whole thing like MCNA did, and one that upgrades your current MC from 5+ to 7 and installs the new MC into the existing MC folder [ September 02, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ]

(in reply to Tommi)
Post #: 4
- 9/6/2001 7:16:00 AM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber:
I don't know the specifics of the install routines, but I expect that there will be a "complete game" option installs the whole thing like MCNA did, and one that upgrades your current MC from 5+ to 7 and installs the new MC into the existing MC folder [ September 02, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ]

Paul will this also contain an update to MCNA so it will work with the new OOB?

(in reply to Tommi)
Post #: 5
- 9/6/2001 10:21:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

The way the SP series uses OOB files, the MCNA scenarios will not "automatically" update to the values in the new OOBs. In fact we are still discussing what OOB files should be put on the LV CDs. The short answer is, it won't matter that much, because scenarios use the unit info saved in the scenario file, not the OOB data. The long answer... The SP games save the unit data in the scenario file, but look to the OOB file for weapons data. So unit values that were changed in the ver 7 OOBs (and they are mostly minor) will not be retroactive to either megacampaigns units. Weapn changes will be used in teh MC - but these are mostly typos like the missing 222 in bazooka AP, and mostly don;t affect units in MCNA anyway. Both MCs were created using the OOBs that exist now and the only way to update them whould be to delete all the units in every scenario and rebuy them redeploy and reedit them. Given the changes to the unit values in the OOB, this is just not an option. The only change of any significance in the new OOBs is an "armor standardization" estimate, that adjusts armor for generic quality by thickness range, based on hardness, and quality. Penetration is based on US BHN 240 test plate, well every vehicel was not equipped with US test plate, so a +/- 5-15% adjustment was made based on thickness and "national hardness and quality estimates" to attempt to adjust for the "generic" armor quality of the different countries. IT is most likely that the LV campaign will ship on teh disk with the existing OOBs, that the Campaign was created and tested using, and the "latest" OOB part of the patch download. Otherwise players of teh MC will have slightly different armor values come up in the encyclopedia, then the units have in the game, a potential source of confusion.. But for the purist, You database programming guys out there, here is a chance for another utility! A program like Fred's Save file editor, that lets you select unit inf to be replaced in a scen file with OOB data would allow armor to be updated, without having to redo the entire scenario...
Since we are tolaking over 100 scenarios in MCNA nad over 200 scenarios in MCLV - such a utility is the only way to make such an upg

(in reply to Tommi)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW v7.0 and Lost Victories MC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI