Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SPWAW 8.0 screen issue??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWAW 8.0 screen issue?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SPWAW 8.0 screen issue?? - 2/20/2004 10:18:40 AM   
rjmsx

I have played the awesome "Screaming Eagles" MC for some time now without any problems. After completing the MC for the 506th, I thought it would be nice to play a single player campaign. So I started the Stalingrad campaign. However the briefing screen was distorted and I am unable to read to lower part of the text. I have seen another thread about this problem but am unable to find it again.

Version 7 didn't have this problem. I did a fresh install of 8.0 on Windows XP.

Thanks

RJ
Post #: 1
RE: SPWAW 8.0 screen issue?? - 2/20/2004 2:07:27 PM   
Belisarius

Never seen that one before.

Standard question 1: Is there any difference if you start from mech.exe?

Got StuG?

(in reply to rjmsx)
Post #: 2
RE: SPWAW 8.0 screen issue?? - 2/20/2004 2:38:43 PM   
rjmsx

Thanks for the reply. I already use mech.exe to start the game.

I'm not sure if I am right, but it seems that the screen is actualy a SHP file. Instead of displaying the SHP full screen it is displayed in the lower third of the screen.

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 3
RE: SPWAW 8.0 screen issue?? - 2/20/2004 9:50:01 PM   
rjmsx

I did some investigation and found out the following. The problem lies in the battle.shp file. Icon number 288 looks kind of funny. Instead of one full screen it looks like three screens next to each other. Also the colors don't match with the sand color in ver 8. Same thing with the battle.shp file from the 8.01 update. Any idea what is going wrong here?

Tried to replace the icon with Chandla's shp editor but when I load a BMP file I get an error message.

< Message edited by rjmsx -- 2/20/2004 7:56:12 PM >

(in reply to rjmsx)
Post #: 4
RE: SPWAW 8.0 screen issue?? - 2/22/2004 9:21:21 PM   
Warrior2

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjmsx

I did some investigation and found out the following. The problem lies in the battle.shp file. Icon number 288 looks kind of funny. Instead of one full screen it looks like three screens next to each other. Also the colors don't match with the sand color in ver 8. Same thing with the battle.shp file from the 8.01 update. Any idea what is going wrong here?

Tried to replace the icon with Chandla's shp editor but when I load a BMP file I get an error message.

I remember reading here that there were still some issues with the Stalingrad campaign in v8. I noticed the same thing when I opened it, though I could read the text (with great difficulty). Perhaps if your try putting the v7.1 battle.shp file in??

(in reply to rjmsx)
Post #: 5
RE: SPWAW 8.0 screen issue?? - 2/23/2004 9:27:18 AM   
rjmsx

Thanks Warrior,

Replacing it with the version 7.1 battle.shp did the job. Downside is that the menus are also version 7 style. However with the use of the unshp.exe and makshp.exe utilities and Photoshop I created a new campaign screen (ver 8 style). For me the problem is now solved but I think it is a bit strange that I seem to be the only one experiencing this problem.

(in reply to Warrior2)
Post #: 6
RE: SPWAW 8.0 screen issue?? - 2/23/2004 2:56:52 PM   
Warrior2

You're definitely not the only one. Unfortunately the other posts from this Forum may have been lost in the hacker attack (may he/she/it burn in hell). But somebody who knows more will reply here soon, I'm sure. You might also ask over at the SPWaW Depot forums (http://spwaw.com/phpBB2/index.php), there are a lot of game vets who post there, too.

(in reply to rjmsx)
Post #: 7
RE: SPWAW 8.0 screen issue?? - 2/23/2004 3:30:38 PM   
rjmsx

Thanks again Warrior. I will check out the SPWAW Depot forums. Hope this problem will be fixed in the upcoming 8.2 release. If anyone is interested in my modified battle.shp just let me know.

(in reply to Warrior2)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWAW 8.0 screen issue?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI