Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Recon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Recon Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Recon - 9/7/2001 6:50:00 PM   
panda124c

Ok here's what I'd like to do, the recon capability is dependent on the code 11 for a formation, this gives each unit the recon capability, correct? Can I use one of the editors to change a formation or a unit so that it has the Recon capibility???? If yes how? If no then I'll just cry in my beer.

Post #: 1
- 9/7/2001 7:56:00 PM   
troopie

Yes, you can. Go to the OOB editor, select the OOB and formation you want to change, find the special codes box, and add recce ability. Save and that's all. troopie

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to panda124c)
Post #: 2
- 9/8/2001 1:51:00 AM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by troopie:
Yes, you can. Go to the OOB editor, select the OOB and formation you want to change, find the special codes box, and add recce ability. Save and that's all. troopie

Will this effect games that are already started and saved???

(in reply to panda124c)
Post #: 3
- 9/8/2001 2:23:00 AM   
lnp4668

quote:

Originally posted by pbear:

Will this effect games that are already started and saved???

No, only freshly purchased units will have the modification.

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to panda124c)
Post #: 4
- 9/8/2001 2:24:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

ONce you start a game or create a scenario, teh unit and formation data is saved in teh scenario, so updating the OOBs will have no effect. I am pretty sure this applies to recon characteristivc, but its easy to check... Weapons data are NOT saved in the scenario or save data, changing the wepaons values DO change the performance in an ongoing game.

(in reply to panda124c)
Post #: 5
- 9/8/2001 3:08:00 AM   
Major Destruction

quote:

Originally posted by pbear:
Ok here's what I'd like to do, the recon capability is dependent on the code 11 for a formation, this gives each unit the recon capability, correct?
Technically, no. The 11 code gives a formation elite plus recon status.
Code 10 gives Elite status.
Code 1 gives recon status These codes only affect the units in a formation and not nested formations. So for a platoon with code 1, all units will have recon ability
For a company with code 1 only the commander and his transport (or any other unit) will have recon ability. Usually, the company formations should have code 1 (or code 11) since we assume that the commander does not have to expend orders by telling himself what to do.
Those formations within the company will retain the status given to them in the formation list. In this way you can assign a platoon with recon status but the recon company commander could be elite with recon status, etc.

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to panda124c)
Post #: 6
- 9/8/2001 8:56:00 AM   
Kaz

Does this have an effect on the cost of the unit?
Would someone be able to change the values on their own units prior to creating a scenario then using "suped-up" units which appear to be normal?
How can I protect myself against this?

(in reply to panda124c)
Post #: 7
- 9/9/2001 12:29:00 AM   
RockinHarry

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber:
ONce you start a game or create a scenario, teh unit and formation data is saved in teh scenario, so updating the OOBs will have no effect. I am pretty sure this applies to recon characteristivc, but its easy to check... Weapons data are NOT saved in the scenario or save data, changing the wepaons values DO change the performance in an ongoing game.
..unfortunately this does not count for "carry cost". Example: Editing bunkers (..for what reason ever ) to carry infantry units, with Freds Editor. Does not stick. Values from OOB will be taken. ..but there´re workarounds. _________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to panda124c)
Post #: 8
- 9/9/2001 1:08:00 AM   
panda124c

Now it become clear, thank you all.

(in reply to panda124c)
Post #: 9
- 9/9/2001 12:09:00 PM   
Major Destruction

quote:

Originally posted by Kaz:
Does this have an effect on the cost of the unit?
Would someone be able to change the values on their own units prior to creating a scenario then using "suped-up" units which appear to be normal?
How can I protect myself against this?

Don't play against those you suspect of cheating?
But in my experience, few opponents playing SP are cheaters.
Don't be paranoid, just watch your back.............and your flank...........

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to panda124c)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Recon Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI