Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A new campaign AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A new campaign AAR Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A new campaign AAR - 9/14/2001 8:35:00 AM   
Alexandra

I'm gonna do an AAR for Long Long Road to Victory. As you'll see, there's a little suprise ahead. Note that if you have not played the campaign all my posts can be considered spoilers.
Campaign AAR: Long Long Road to Victory Note: I'm playing LLR with a core Polish expatriate force. Core: Btn HQ (Col Biedrzycki)
1st Rifle Company (Motorized) Cpt. Gurske
2nd Rifle Company (Motorized) Cpt Formanski
3rd Rifle Company Cpt Gasiorowski
SP Mortar Platoon - 3 inch mortar carriers. 1Lt Jedlowski
1st Tank Platoon - Churchill II. 1Lt Tomczak
2nd Tank Platton - Churchill II 1Lt Maslowski
AA Section - 40mm Bofors AA Guns 2Lt Kurczak
Wagon section 1Lt Kosinzki
Forward Observer 2Lt Weglarz Aux Forces: 1 Btn 75mm OBA, 1 Btn 105mm OBA. Mission: The mission of the battlalion is to secure an airfield in French North Africa. We are coming from the west and northwest. To the north of the field is a town, and we must also secure the road leading from the town to the airfield at it's primary intersection next to a graveyard. To the west is a road leading to potential enemy rection forces. To the south is a resevior. The Plan: The tanks and 1st Company will loop through the town. The tanks will cut off the east road, while the infantry moves in to attack the field from the east. 2nd Company will move in from the south, and attack from that direction. 3rd Company will move to distract the enemy and take the road junction. Arty will be used liberally to supress any defenders. Turn One and Two: All forces advance, no enemy contact. Turn Three: 4th platoon deploys and moves towards two hangars on the west side of the field from the south. *** Enemy aircraft attack! A Stuka knocks out an AA gun, and a Do goes after the wagon that hauled it. The wagon lives but Btn HQ is destroyed. Cpt Gurske, of 1st Company, takes command. Turn Four: Cpt Gurske's CP and 1st platoon deploy, preparing to move in from the northeast. 5th Platoon also deployes, to the south. 2 enemy squads can be seen fleeing from the hangars and arty fire will be directed against them. *** 6th Platoon's lead truck comes under air attack but is not hit. Turn Five: 2nd Platoon deploys to the north. 8th Platoon comes under fire from a bunker. 2nd Company locates a concrete gun emplacment. 6th Platoon deploys. Fighting begins around the hangars. *** An enemy aircraft destroys 2 of 5th platoon's empty trucks. Turn Six: 3rd platoon deploys. It was the last platoon that needed to do so. We catch the 2 French squads in a crossfire and destroy them both. *** 2nd Co HQ comes under fire from enemy forces moving in from the resevior and swings 5th and 6th platoons to deal with the threat. Turn Seven: My armor arrives behind an enemy truck borne platoon that has just deployed. One enemy truck gets destroyed. 1st Platoon also takes that enemy element under fire. We lose three empty and withdrawing trucks to mines. *** The enemy loses a truck as it tries to flee. Enemy forces move in from the southeast as well as from the north. Turn Eight: Three more enemy trucks are destroyed. An enemy squad is killed north of the cemetary. Turn Nine: Along the east road we kill 2 25mm ATGs, and futher to the south of it, a snap shot from a tank kills an AMD 50. 4th platoon kills a bunker along the west side of the field that was pinning down elements of 3rd Company. 9th Platoon takes the west side of the main landing strip. Turn Ten: 1st Platoon kills a squad and a mortar team on the east road. 3rd Platoon finds and destroys an enemy squad on the north east side of the field. Another French squad is destroye to the south of the cemetary. Turn Eleven: Lt Tomczak's tank platoon, screening along the east side of the field destroys two more AMD 50s. 3rd Platoon makes contact with another French squad. *** A French platoon attacks towards 5th and 6th platoons, at the south side of the field, and loses a squad. Turn Twelve: 3rd Platoon keeps fighting the French squad. Lt Malsowski's tank platoon, which moved to help 7th Platoon near the graveyard, knocks out a French Souma tank. 7th Platoon takes the road junction leading to the town. 4th Platoon takes the south side of the field, 5th destroys one of the two remaining attacking squads and 6th moves to secure the resevior. Turn Thirteen: 3rd Platoon finishes off it's squad, though it will now move into reserve, while 1st and 2nd Platoons spearhead the advance to the west side of the field. 8th Platoon takes the center of the field. Turn Fourteen: 1st Platoon destroys a French squad. 2nd Platoon attacks another one. Our tanks kill a second Souma and overrun the enemy HQ. *** The enemy counterattack 7th, 8th, and 9th Platoons but all the attacks are stopped dead in thier tracks. Turn Fifteen: 2 of the counterattacking squads are destroyed. In addition, two more French squads are destroyed and we take the west side of the field. French forces, realizing the futility of futher resistance, surrender. Score: 4773 to 65, Polish DV. Polish losses: 42 men, 4 trucks, 1 arty
French losses: 216 men, 7 arty, 8 soft vehicles, 2 tanks. Between scens: All losses replaced. AA wagons upgraded to trucks. Platoons 1 to 6 replace platoon mortars with MGs.
As always, comments are welcome. Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.
Post #: 1
- 9/14/2001 3:17:00 PM   
gnoccop

as usual wonderful AAR! thank you!

"Violence is the last resource of incompetents". (I. Asimov)

(in reply to Alexandra)
Post #: 2
- 9/17/2001 7:36:00 PM   
Alexandra

Here's the next part. Additional Between scens: The Battalion XO (Maj Trzaska) is promoted to Col and takes command of the battalion. Situation and mission: The French have surrendered to allied forces and we've pushed into Tunisia, seeking out the Afrika Corps. Our battalion has been ordered to secure a series of hills to block the advance of the DAK and to be prepared to counterattack them. The field: We are in a semi-cultivated area of Tunisia. We have to secure three hills running in a north to south line. The hills themselves are wooded. A road runs through the area. Our CP is along that road. The road leads to an intersection, and a small villagethat we must take, and beyond it to another village. The Germans are expected to approach from the east and from the southeast. Attachments: The Americans have attached one platoon of M10 Woverines, and a battlalion of 105mm guns to us. The plan: We will move in three grooups. 1st and 2nd Companies will each work with one of our own tank platoons. They will each move up, mounted, to the reverse slopes of hills 1 and 3. They will then dismount, the trucks will withdraw, and they will take the hills. 3rd Comapny, minus 9th platoon, and with the AA guns, M10s, and FO will advance and take hill 2. Mortar platoon will move up to the back side of Hill 2 as well to be able to ensure it's can support any of the companies. 9th Platoon will secure the HQ. Date: March 6, 1943
Weather: Hazy
Visibility: 900 yards Turn One: All forces advance. Lt. Maslowski's Churchill gets stuck on a semi-marshy trail. Turn Two: First platoon dismounts. Mortar platoon is in position. The M10s start up hill 2. All of 2 Company, except 5th Platoon, is dismounted. *** First Company spots enemy units! A track, a panzer, and probably infantry. 2nd Platoon loses a truck, but it's passengers get out ok first. Turn Three: Our tanks damage the Mk III and disable the track. The Gemans may be on the hill in force. 1st platoon drive back the lead tracks squad. All 1st Company units are dismounted, and trucks are withdrawing. The Wolverine's move onto Hill 2 and quickly kill 5 enemy recon cars. *** A fight develops quickly. 1st Company loses a truck, and is facing 2 Panzers, 1 track, and a squad. Other German elements - three tracks and a tank move from Hill 1 towards Hill 2 and knock out a mortar track. The Wolverines kill 2 Assault Guns and another, heavier, armored car, while one of them takes a suspension hit. Turn Four: Lt Maslowski's Churchill gets free of the muck. Two of 1st Companies trucks are destroyed as they withdraw. We discover that there are 3 tanks and three tracks coming from Hill 1. We lose another mortar track, but kill one of the tanks and one of the tracks. German tanks are also on Hill 3. *** We knock out another tank to the north but lose a Wolverine. 4th Platoon is pushed back with heavy losses by an enemy Panzer platoon. Turn Five: 1st Platoon loses it's AT team. The enemy loses it's disabled track. The remaining Wolverines do well, though, killing 2 ACs from the east and an AT track moving up from Hill 3. We knock out 2 tracks, from Hill 1, with AA fire. We also find out more tracks are moving through the southeast valley. *** The Germans attack from all directions. We lose Lt Majdanek's tank and kill a Mk IV to the east. Enemy light forces engage 9th Platoon/Btn HQ. Turn Six: 1 Company retakes Hill 1, as the enemy seems to have abadoned it. Maybe some of them will come back and we can weaken the attack towards Hill 2. We destroy the squad attacking the HQ area, but stay alert for more. 7th Platoon knocks out an enemy squad with long range fire. A M10 gets a track coming up from the south. We get another track and a Stug with a Churchill on the south side. 2nd Companies infantry destroys one of the dead tracks squads and pushes back the second's squad. *** The enemy keeps it's advance going. They somehow have inafantry and Hill 2, and knock out my 3rd mortar track. However, they lose a Mk IV to the east. Turn Seven: First Comapny gets a good grip on Hill 1. The enemy destroys mortar track 4. The M10s knock out the other 2 Mark IVs and another track from the south. 2nd Company retakes Hill 3, and knocks out another squad in the valley, but loses 4th Platoons AT team. At this point then enemy has 1 partial squad and 4 tanks to the south. 3 tanks, 1 scout car, and part of an infantry platoon to the north, and 3 scout cars to the northeast, as well as one squad on Hill 2. *** The enemy seems confused. It's tank platoon to the south doesn't seem to know if it wants to advance on Hill 2, or move back towards 3, and as a result loses 2 tanks. We also kill a MG team in the south valley. To the north, we knock out a pair of recon cars and a rifle squad as the enemy starts to swing back towards Hill 1. Turn Eight: We drive back the squad on Hill 2, and have a Churchill to the south damaged by a newly arrived Stug. *** The enemy attack towards Hill 1. They lose an AC and a MG team, but panzers overrun 3rd Platoon HQ. Turn Nine: We hold along the line. To the south, our AA gun and a M10 knock out the last 2 Mk IIIs of the south tank platoon. *** Just when we thought everything was well, it turns out it's not. We lose a squad of 3rd Platoon - and we lose a Wolverine to a Tiger! Two of them are moving in at us. Turn Ten: Sgt Kinti's Churchill knocks out both Mk IIIs left on Hill One. *** We kill the squad on Hill 2. Situation: On the north we have a squad and some crewmen. In the center, 3 tanks, 2 Tigers, and a Mk III and Hill 2. To the south, we have a pair of Stug's and the remnants of a rifle squad. The key to the fight is the Tigers. If one of both die, or fall back, we have a chance. Turn Eleven: We damage a tight with a M10 - and it's crew bails! With luck we can drive them away or kill them! To the south, we kill one of the two Stug's and the infantry squad. Turn Twelve: We kil the last squad on Hill 1, and drive the lead Tiger's crew away from it's tank. On Hill 2 we kill the crew of the Mk III and resecure the hill. To the south, our lone M10 there tries to set up an ambush for thier last Stug. *** To the south, all works well. A squad from 4th platoon immobilizes the Stug and then the M10 kills it. Turn Thirteen: We've got the momentum, and now only have to kill a lone Tiger. That's easier said than done. We also have to take the west side of the roadside village. 1st Platoon is coming in from the norht, with a lone Churchill in support. 7th Platoon moves through the village itself, from the west. *** The Tiger rolls onto Hill 2, and takes a point blank, flank shot, from the Wolverine on the hill and explodes! Turn Fifteen: The enemy HQ is destroyed at the east side of the village, and all objectives fall into our hands. Result: Polish DV 8879 to 1310. Polish losses: 104 men, 5 trucks, 7 AFVs.
German losses: 246 men, 7 tracks, 31 AFVs. Between scens: All losses replaced. No OOB changes.

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

(in reply to Alexandra)
Post #: 3
- 9/17/2001 7:55:00 PM   
Tonto Dane

Good AAR Thanks for sharing

(in reply to Alexandra)
Post #: 4
- 9/17/2001 10:01:00 PM   
panda124c

Mein Gott, Herr General the Poles are coming. Sounds like an edge of the seat game.

(in reply to Alexandra)
Post #: 5
- 9/17/2001 10:08:00 PM   
lnp4668

Interesting forces. Was the morale and experience that of the Polish or American?

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to Alexandra)
Post #: 6
- 9/18/2001 1:05:00 AM   
Alexandra

It was definately touch and go for a while. As for experience, they have Polish exp and morale. I had a couple infantry squads make it to 'average squad' I think it was after the win. The M10s used American base values. Now, all I need to do is come through one well enough to start to upgrade my tanks. The 2 pounder on the Churchill isn't confindence enhancing. Using the Poles, though, has made the campaign harder. No 0.1 US Arty, no Shermans, or Rangers. I hope to, at some point, upgade the trucks to halftracks - Bren carriers I think was what the UK used, wasn't it? Alex

(in reply to Alexandra)
Post #: 7
- 9/18/2001 1:53:00 AM   
11Bravo

Awesome AAR. Love your choice of core force. Good hunting with the rest of the campaign. By the way, how did you manage to purchase your Polish core force? I tried to replicate the OOB in a quick test of the LLR and ran out of money when I tried to buy the tanks. Maybe your credit is better than mine? [ September 17, 2001: Message edited by: 11Bravo ]

Squatting in the bush and marking it on a map.

(in reply to Alexandra)
Post #: 8
- 9/18/2001 2:45:00 AM   
Grumble

Yes, they did use Bren carriers ("universal carriers" for the pedantic). However they can only hold 1/2 squads. If you still want to include them, you may wish to use carriers as prime movers for your AT teams, and mortars. It's entirely accurate to use M2/M3s as your APCs; Brits received quite a few as part of lend-lease (or lease-lend depending on your side of the pond).

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

(in reply to Alexandra)
Post #: 9
- 9/18/2001 4:59:00 AM   
lnp4668

quote:

Originally posted by 11Bravo:
Awesome AAR. Love your choice of core force. Good hunting with the rest of the campaign. By the way, how did you manage to purchase your Polish core force? I tried to replicate the OOB in a quick test of the LLR and ran out of money when I tried to buy the tanks. Maybe your credit is better than mine? [ September 17, 2001: Message edited by: 11Bravo ]
Do you have true troop cost on? I found that during campaign testing, it makes a lot of different in cost between green troops and veterans

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to Alexandra)
Post #: 10
- 9/18/2001 7:53:00 AM   
Alexandra

quote:

Originally posted by 11Bravo:

I don't know why you couldn't replicate, maybe Inps' true cost suggestion? I know I have mine on. Also, my squads may be costed different than the baseline - I removed and replaced the rifle grenades, though I won't say with what at this point, as I'm using it as a test for an experiment, but that may have lowered my per unit cost. Also, to Grumble, thanks for the Bren carrier answer. Alex

(in reply to Alexandra)
Post #: 11
- 9/18/2001 8:34:00 PM   
11Bravo

quote:

Originally posted by Alexandra:

I don't know why you couldn't replicate, maybe Inps' true cost suggestion? I know I have mine on. Also, my squads may be costed different than the baseline - I removed and replaced the rifle grenades, though I won't say with what at this point, as I'm using it as a test for an experiment, but that may have lowered my per unit cost. Also, to Grumble, thanks for the Bren carrier answer. Alex

Thanks. True Cost helps a little but Rarity was the main effect. Putting Rarity on has the effect of slashing prices by ~50%! With Rarity off, the infantry companies resale for about 600+ points. With Rarity on, they are sold for 300+ points. At those prices, you can't afford NOT to buy them

Squatting in the bush and marking it on a map.

(in reply to Alexandra)
Post #: 12
- 9/20/2001 10:50:00 PM   
Alexandra

Here's the next fight. Situation and mission: North Africa has fallen to the allies. After time for training, allied forces have landed on Sicily. Our mission is to assist US airborne forces around the town of La Ciega. The combined task force must take the town, and a ridge beyond it to prevent the Herman Georing Panzer Division from moving into the main battle area. Kill Leader: Lt Tomczak of 1st Tank Platoon (7) The field: The area around La Ciega is very wooded and hilly, with large open areas to the south of the town. We are approaching from the west. We must secure the town and the ridge overlooking it to the east. The town is mainly composed of residential buildings, with only two large ones, both in the center, a church and the town hall. Attachments: The Americans have attached one platoon of M10 Woverines, and a battalion of 105mm guns to us. In addition, airborne elements will be dropped and landed in the battle area. The plan: We will move in two elements. 1st Company, along with a platoon of Churchills, all 4 M10s, and 1 AA gun will dart across the open south field to get to the ridge as fast as possible. 2nd company - dismounted - and 3rd company, the other tank platoon and AA gun, with the mortars in support, will take the town. US forces will land on the ridge, and assist with the taking of the town. Date: July 10, 1943
Weather: Clear
Visibility: 1000 yards Pregame: US Airborne forces land. The 2 platoons to the north of the town comes down close to it's DZ's, but the south platoon, and the gliders on the ridge - and beyond - overshoot badly. Turn 1: US and Italian forces make contact in the town. The US loses a MG team. US forces on the ridge lose 2 jeeps. US forces on the ridge report 2 AA guns, 1 AT gun, and 2 Tigers. Our forces advance. Turn Two: US and Italian forces fight in the town with the battle being a stalemate at this point. 5 Italians surrender to the US forces. To the south of town airborne troops destroy a pillbox. On the ridge the US loses a jeep, but behind it a glider landed 57mm ATG knocks out a Tiger (from the rear) and a Wespe (from the front). Our forces begin to enter the battle for the town. Turn Three: The fighting for the village is fierce. The defenders lose 2 MG teams, but the Americans lose 2 bazooka teams. On the ridge, one of the AA guns is knocked out. Most of 1st Company dismounts for the last leg of thier trip to the ridge. Turn Three: Allied forces press into the town, but the Italians are resisting as best they can. All of 1st Comapny is now dismounted. Turn Four: Allied forces hold 1/3 of the town, and the enemy is being driven back. A pillbox and 2 Brixia squads are destroyed. We lose a truck. *** German forces are counterattacking towards the ridge. Turn Five: Nealy half the town is under allied control. The enemy loses 2 more MG teams and 2 more squads. On the ridge, we knock out the other AA gun, a German truck, and 1st Company kills the entire crew of an 88 as they deploy. *** The German south counterattack is coming right into where 1st Company is. We lose a Bofors AA gun, but they lose 2 squads. To the north of the ridge, another German truck dies. Turn Six: Half of La Ciega is ours as the church is taken. The enemy loses another squad inside the town. Along the south side of the ridge the Germans get smashed, losing 3 tracks and 2 squads. *** 5 more tracks with infantry arrive on south ridge. We lose an AT team and a M10. German panzers arrive at the north side of the ridge. Turn Seven: We've taken La Ciega, as the last 4 defenders surrender to Sgt Sukarski of 4th Platoon. Only an intown ATG is resisting still, and most of it's crew is dead. We lose a Churchill to a Mk IV on the north side of the ridge. To the south, though, Germans losses are 4 tracks and 2 squads. They have 1 known track and 2 known squads left. *** The German attack to the north is progressing and a platoon of panzer grenadiers joins the fray. 3rd Company is in the area, however, and will have to deal with that. An enemy motorrcycle platoon arrives from the east, as 2 more Mk IVs join the south attack. Turn Eight: The ATG in the village falls as 2nd Company moves towards the center of the ridge. The last US 'zooka team, and 2 squads that have rounds left for thier launchers are also moving for the ridge. Along the south side of the ridge, we lose a M10 that was going after the enemy's other Wespe. However, we knock out a squad, 3 tracks, and both of the south Mk IVs. That let our last M10 shift north, where it knocked out both northern Mk IVs! A US scout team knocks out the last ATG on the ridge. 3rd Company kills an enemy squad to the north. *** The enemy attack presses on in the north, and 9th Platoon HQ is overrun. In a blatant show of how poor the 2# gun is, an enemy halftrack charges a Churchill! To the south, we lose a US recon team, but the US ATG knocks out the second enemy Tiger. Turn Nine: Along the north, 3rd Company knocks out a track and kills the German HQ and a MG team. The Churchills with them knock out a track (with MG fire). The enemy loses it's last MG team to the south. 2nd platoon kills a motorcycle squad and 3rd mangles a second one. *** The Germans attack on in the north and lose what we think is thier last track. Turn Ten: 3rd Company pushes the Germans back and Allied forces take the entire ridge. A German platoon - or elements thereof - are still along the north side of the ridge. 2nd and 3rd platoon destroy the enemy cyclists. Turn Eleven: A German squad is found and eliminated on the south side. To the north, the crew of an 88 is driven off. Any remaining Germans fall back. Results: Allied DV: 8217 to 949. Allied Losses: 119 men, 1 arty, 4 soft vehicles, 2 AFV Axis Losses: 381 men, 9 arty, 15 APC, 7 AFV Between scens: 3rd Platoons mortar teams are replaced by MG teams, 2 of 1st Platoons AT teams are assigned the PIAT launcher, and we are assigned 1 Valentine VIII command tank that goes to first tank platoon.
Alex

(in reply to Alexandra)
Post #: 13
- 9/26/2001 9:43:00 PM   
Alexandra

Here's the next bit. Situation and mission: The fighting in Sicily has bogged down. General Patton wants to break the enemy defensive line by landing a small force behind it via assault barges. Our battalion is ordered to move to link up with the landed elements. Kill Leader: Sgt Grajek, 2nd Squad, 1st Platoon (11) The field: Like the area around La Ciega, this is a very hilly region. We are moving to the south, and a stream bysects the field. Allied forces have to secure a fishing village and a large hill to the northwest of the village. Attachments: We have 2 M10 Wolverines attached to us. The plan: The majority of the task force (1st Company, 3rd in 2nds trucks, all the tanks, the mortars, and the flak guns) will move north to south, through a village and towards the hill. The M10's will move southeast to northwest. 2nd Company has been slipped in to the east, and can delay any German forces moving up the coastal highway. US forces will land and move to take the village/hill area. Date: August 11, 1943
Visibility: 900 yards Pregame: Mortar fire is dropped along roads to interdict enemy movements. Explosions are observed and post battle analysis indicated an enemy truck was destroyed by the fire. Turn One: US forces head for the fishing village. The main body advances. The lead truck of the column is knocked out by a Marder. 2nd Company advances, reporting enemy armor and trucks on the coast road. *** The Germans begin to react, and 2nd Company kills an enemy squad. Turn Two: US Forces begin landing and secure the village. The main body halts as 1st Platoon starts to move towards the Marder. We move an AA gun into a possible ambush position as our armor advances. 1st Armor platoon enagages a pair of armored guns but scores no hits. However, the M10s knock out one of the guns as well as a Stug and a truck. 2nd Company mangles a motorcycle squad and destroys a truck. *** Most of the enemy forces move to try and break contact and they lose 3 trucks and a wagon. The enemy armor on the coast road attacks 2nd Company. 5th Platoon takes heavy losses, with one squad being overrun, but 6th Platoon kills a Mk III. Turn Three: Almost all US forces are ashore. The main body presses on, with the M10s knocking out 2 Marders. Dismounted infantry destroy the crew of a large artillery piece. 6th Platoon of 2nd Company engages an 88 and shoves back a motorcycle squad. *** The Germans keep trying to escape the kill zone. They lose a wagon and destroy the command squad of 5th Platoon. Turn Four: All US forces are ashore. They push onto the hill, but lose a jeep to a pair of assault guns. 1st Infantry and 2nd Armor platoon start mopping up so the main body can safely advance. An enemy MG team and a gun team are destroyed. 2nd Platoon races up the road, dismounting to destroy another gun team and it's towed gun. 6th Platoon knocks out the '88, and Allied armor moves up the road, safely, to start to aid 2nd Company. *** The Germans advance up the hill, damaging an American jeep. 2nd Platoon loses a truck and takes losses from a large gun. However, 4th Platoon kills a StuH 42 and a Mk III and the lead M10 gets another Mk III. Turn Five: Our advancing armor knocks out an Infantry Gun and hurts a squad. 4th Platoon finishes a motorcycle squad. *** The enemy advance keeps fighting going along the front. They destroy 4th platoons AT team. Turn Six: The Americans knock out a Stug. A German squad ambushes and destroys the command tank of 2nd Tank Platoon and is then destroyed itself. Our coastal road armor column knocks out an armored gun as well as an infantry squad. 6th Platoon finishes a motorcycle squad. *** The Germans advance on, and lose a squad. Turn Seven: Fighting is flared up all across the front. The enemy loses a Stuh 42, a truck, 2 squads and a MG team. We've opened the coastal road and have linked up with 5th and 6th Platoons. *** The enemy is fighting in two elements. 4th Platoon is engaged with 1 enemy tank, the enemy HQ, and roughly one infantry platoon. The Americans are fighting a panzer platoon which is supported by a panzergrenadier platoon. They lose a light tank and kill a MG team. Turn Eight: The Americans do rather poorly, losing a tank and a jeep. Our forces knock out a Stug and kill the enemy HQ along the coastal road as element of our main column cross the river to the flank of the known Gemans. We also knock out a crew served arty piece. *** The Germans push hard at the Americans. The Americans destroy two halftracks but lose a jeep and 2 scout patrols. We destroy a fleeing truck. Turn Nine: Our coastal column knocks out the last squad in that area, and destroys the crew of a disabled tank. The coastal road is now secure. *** The Germans on the hill push hard at the Americans, pushing them back, and destroying a squad. Turn Ten: Our coastal column, lead by one of the M10s, enters the fray and knocks out a Stug pressuring the Ameicans. We destroy another fleeing truck. Our flanking attack is starting to develop as the lead two platoon are now dismounted. *** The German attack still focuses on the Americans. They lose a halftrack but kill a jeep and a recon team as the American forces fall back. We kill another fleeing truck. Turn Eleven: Fighting keeps up strong as we try and aid the Americans. The coastal M10 is killed by a Mk IV which is in turn killed by an American AT Gun. Two thirds of the flanking element is across the river and dismounted. The Americans immobilize a Mk IV. We kill an enemy squad.*** More heavy fighting. The Americans lose one squad and have the survivors of a second surrender. However, the crew of the disabled Mk IV is shot down by German MG fire. Turn Twelve: The American ATG gets a track, and my Valentine VIII Command Tank gets it's first armor kill, knocking out a Mk IV. One German squad is destroyed. Our flanking forces - 3 tanks and 4 platoons - move onto the hill. 2 more platoons are held back - mounted - as the battalion reserve. *** A Mk IV advances on the Americans but is killed by them. Turn Thriteen: It looks like most of the Germans are defeated, but we must still be careful as we mop them up. Most of the hill falls into our hands. We believe there are 2 or so German squads left. We destroy one German squad as we secure the hill. The other squad surrenders, as silence falls over the field. The Road is open. Results: Allied DV: 7661 to 1027. Allied losses: 196 men, 6 soft vehicles, 4 AFV.
Germans losses: 319 men, 5 arty, 14 soft vehicles, 5 APC, 17 AFV. The war on Sicily is over. The battalion is moved to England, for training, for upcoming operations. Refitting: 2nd and 3rd Company AT teams are issued PIATs. All armor is upgraded to the Valentine VIII, except for 2nd Platoons command tank. That tank is a Mk IVH, captured on Sicily, with only minor track damage. In addition, 1st Platoon, 2nd Platoon, and 1st Company HQ have turned in thier trucks for American M2 halftracks.
Alex

(in reply to Alexandra)
Post #: 14
- 10/16/2001 9:41:00 PM   
Alexandra

Here's the next bit: Situation and mission: After months of training we have been selected to participate in Operation Overlord, the invasion of France. We will be going in on the American beach designated Utah. Our initial mission will be to move off the beach via four causeways, link up with dropped elements of the 82nd Airborne Division, who we worked with on Sicily, and aid them in securing St. Mere Eglise. Kill Leader: Sgt Gniadek, 1st Armor Platoon (13) The field: The field is quite varied. There's Utah itself, with the mouth of the River Douve to the south. To the west of the beach is a large marsh, with four raised causeways allowing access inland. Beyond the marsh the land is mostly clear, but interspersed with patches of woods and towns, the largest of which is St. Mere Eglise. Attachments: 1 platoon of M10 Wolverines, 1 Airborne Company, 2 AT guns, 2 jeeps with .50 MGs The plan: 1st Company with 1st Tank platoon attached will move out on Causeway 4, pass through the town of Foucarville, and link up with elements of the airborne beyond. They will then move together towards the north side of St. Mere Eglise. 2nd Company, with the AA guns, the M10s, and Btn HQ will move out on Causeway 3, pass through a small road junction with buildings to the north of the town of La Grand Chemin, and link up with the majority of the airborne. The forces will then move directly on St Mere Eglise. 3rd Company, with 2nd Armor platoon attached will begin at the town of Poupeville which is at the end of Causeway 1. It will move west, though Ste Marie du Mont, then across an open field to Fauville, and north to St Mere Eglise. Mortar platoon will exit via Causeway 2. Date: June 6, 1944
Visibility: 800 yards Turn One: 1st Co: 1st and 2nd platoons advance through Foucarville. HQ begins to set up in the town as 3rd platoon enters it. Tanks are still on the causeway. 2nd Co: All elememts advance. 3rd Co: They advance and come under sniper fire. Mortars: They advance to firing positions, but encounter an enemy AT team and one track is immobilized. *** German forces begin to advance on American postions. The Americans knock out a German scout car. Turn Two: 1st Co: 1st Platoon links up with the Americans as Co HQ comes on line. 3rd disembarks in Fourcarville as the tanks pass through the town. 2nd: 4th Platoon dismounts and prepares to move to link with the Americans. A M10 is immobized by a mine. 3rd: No contact. Mortars: They knock out the enemy AT team. *** The Germans race forward but American fire is deadly as they destroy 4 scout cars and guns down a squad as it leaps from it's halftrack. Turn Three: 1st Co: 2nd Platoon and the tanks link with the Americans. 3rd Platoon moves into a reserve role near Fourcarville. 2nd Co: The Americans in this sector knock out a scout car and a halftrack, and hurt a squad badly. 4th Platoon and Co Hq advance as 5th and 6th disembark. Trucks begin to withdraw. 3rd Co continues to advance on St Marie du Mont. *** The German attack continues, focused on the main part of the Americans in the center of the field. The Americans knock out a 'track and kill a squad. German armor is seen moving out of St Mere Eglise. Arty hits 9th Platoon. Turn Four: 1st Co: The fickle gods of war don't smile in this sector, as our tanks score 2 hits - to no effect - on German light tanks, and an American squad puts four of it's bazooza rockets into the side of a Mark IV and all bounce. 2nd Co: Luck here is better, as the Ami's knock out another 'track and finish a squad. However, 4th Platoon's AT team blunders into a minefield and is killed. 5th and 6th Platoons also move forward, with the M10s and an AA gun. Part of 6th Platoon, plus the other AA gun and Btn HQ secure the small road junction to the north of La Grande Chemin. 3rd Co reaches the outskirts of St Marie du Mont. *** German Mk IVs push the Americans in the 1st Co sector, while they lose a light tank on the St Mere Eglise road. A German squad pours out of the basement of one of the buildings at the secured intersection and finds itself in hand to hand combat with Sgt Jagodinzki's squad. Turn Five: 1st Co: The Americans put two more bazooks shots into the flank of a Mk IV - and both bounce! That's six, in a row, that have done nothing! 1st Platoon's AT Team is gunned down trying to get in range to use it's PIAT. Sgt Gniadek damages the lead Mk IV and Sgt Kintzi kills another light tank. 2nd Co: Our M10s knock out two more light tanks and the Americans, the M10s, and 4th, 5th, and elements of 6th Platoon move out towards St Mere Eglise. However, the lone German spec ops squad - getting no less than 7 reaction fire shots, in 4 directions, overwhelms Sgt Jagodinski's squad, and mangles an AA gun, a MG team, and Btn HQ. 3rd Co enters St Marie du Mont and kills an enemy sniper. *** The Germans' advance in the north. We damage a Mk IV and lose both Sgt Gniadek and Sgt Kintzi. Both of them were killed by tanks that had multiple flanking 'zooks shots bounce. Mortar fire forces the Spec Ops squad back. Turn Six: 1st Co: The Americans gun down the crew of the damaged Mk IV, but two more 'zooka shots - again both flank ones - bounce! That's 8 bounces all from the flank. However, Lt Tomczak - the last of his platoon - knocks out of the Mk IVs. Just two left. 2nd Co: 6th platoon reverses direction and smokes the Spec Ops squad. 2nd Co: We swing an M10 to the north, and kill the 3rd Mk IV. Just one left. We also shift a Bofors north to help out with that last one. The rest of the force advances, knocking out a 'track as it moves. 3rd Co: St Marie du Mort is secured, and we spot an enemy panzer - we assume more are following - and set up an ambush. *** German armor arrives all over the place. In the north JdgPz's and Stug's arrive. Tomczak kills a Stug and his own Valentine is damaged. We also lose two 'tracks. In the center, the Americans lose a jeep, as we see enemy infantry. In the south, an enemy Mk IV dies to 2nd Tank platoon. Turn Seven: 1st Co: The last Mk IV is damaged and it's crew bails out. The crew's of two of the dead tanks are killed by the Americans. 6th Platoon ambushes the second Stug and a squad that's with it and they destroy the squad. 2nd Co: The advance continues. Allied forces destroy an enemy MG team and a FO team. 3rd Co: Both Val's are damaged, but the Platoon leader - in his captured Mk IV - knocks out the second enemy tank. Our infantry kills the crew of the destroyed tanks. *** In the north more Stug's arrive and we lose more tracks. In the south, infantry arrives, on 'tracks, but we engage it and slow it down. Turn Eight: 1st Co: Troops react to the JgPz's and Stug's. Lt Tomczak knocks out a Stug and his Valentine is killed in turn. 2nd Co continues to push towards St Mere Eglise. 3rd Co: 8th Platoon knocks out a track and it's squad. 7th moves up a hill, to the north of St. Marie du Mont and loses two men to mines. *** The Germans keep attacking to north and south. In the north, they knock out another track and we lose a Vickers team. In the south, though, they lose a track to tank fire and another one (Immobilized) to 8th Platoon's PIAT team. The team then knocks out a Panther before being knocked out itself. Turn Nine: 1st Co: 2nd Platoon's PIAT team knocks out 2 JgPz's. We also kill an enemy MG team and mangle two squads. 2nd Co: An enemy Spec Ops squad is knocked out in the rear. The push towards St Mere Eglise continues, with the enemy losing a squad and a MG team. 3rd Co: Light exchanges of fire occur between Polish and German elements. *** In the north the Germans kill a track but have a Stug damaged by Bofors fire. In the south, we knock out 2 more Panthers. Turn Ten: 1st Co: 1st and 2nd Platoons head for St Mere Eglise. The Americans kill the crew of the damaged Stug. 3rd Platoon finishes a German squad. 2nd Co: We shift a Bofors by truck and lose the truck to the last Stug. The push into St Mere Eglise continues with the Germans losing a MG team. American elements have made it to the outskirts of the city. 3rd Co: Some enemy Panther crew's are mopped up as is the crew of the immobilized track. There's at least one more track and one more Panther left there. *** The Germans attack around St Mere Eglise and St Marie du Mont. At Eglise the Americans lose a squad. The Germans also lose one. In addition, they lose a MG team. At du Mont, we take some casaulties but knock out a track and one of the damaged Valentines gets fixed. Futhermore, the only Mark IV that got past us a du Mont was seen and killed, as it moved through La Grand Chemin, by the mine immobilzied M10. *** Note - At this point the battle notes will change from company sectors to locations: North, Eglise, and du Mont, as 1st and 2nd Comapny with supports will soon both be fighting in St Mere Eglise. Turn Eleven: Eglise: We push the Germans back, slowly, killing more of them than we lose and knocking out two MG42 teams. *** The Germans push ahead, or try to, at Eglise. They attack at du Mont, but end up doing nothing more than losing a MG team and another Panther. Turn Twelve: North: The last Stug gets caught by both Bofors and explodes. Eglise: The slow steady push continues with the Germans losing 2 squads and having more pushed back. du Mont: Enemy tank crewmen and a squad are destroyed. *** A German push at Eglise has some success as they destroy the HQ squad of 2nd Company as well as an American squad. Turn Thirteen: North: The last German squad in the north is killed. St Mere Eglise is the only remaining front. In the town we keep advancing, though it's bloody. Three German and one American squads are destroyed. *** More fighting. We lose an M10 to a panzerfaust. At du Mont, a straggling German squad arrives and is killed. Turn Fourteen: We keep pressuring the enemy and finish off three more squads. *** The next German counterattack causes losses but makes no tactical changes. Turn Fifteen: Our fire is effective as we knock out 3 more enemy squads and start to secure the first major north-south road. However, 4th Platoon HQ squad is killed by enemy MG fire. *** The Germans even the score, as they counterattack, by destoying one US and one Polish squad. Turn Sixteen: We kill 3 more squads but lose another M10 to a faust. *** We lose HQ 1st platoon to a German squad, even though we are firing at them with rifles and a MG while they move down the street and they return fire with SMGs and we're in houses. Turn Seventeen: We lose most of another squad to the SMGs (after missing shots with 62 and 55 percent to hit, we lose 7 of 9 men to an 11 percent to hit from them). We lose HQ 2nd Platoon - again in a wooden building - at 300 meters to 2 guys with SMGs. Gotta love the effects of cover. We hold the first north-south road. Turn Eighteen: We knock out a squad and a MG team and lose a MG team. Turn Nineteen: We destroy 3 more squads and take 2/3 of the second north-south road. The Germans fall back, giving us the town. Results: Allied MV, 12608 to 3294. Allied Losses: 290 men, 1 truck, 6 tracks, 5 AFV.
German Losses: 479 men, 8 tracks, 28 AFV Between scens: All infantry losses replaced. 1st Platoon (armor) rebuilt with 1 Val VIII and 2 Cromwell IVs. Alex

(in reply to Alexandra)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A new campaign AAR Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI